“Amazing steak house, well worth the price”

5th Street Steak House
Ranked #2 of 339 Restaurants in Chico
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned neighborhood restaurant in Downtown Chico. We feature USDA Prime Beef, market fresh seafood, homemade desserts, extensive wine list and full bar. We have a banquet facility available for private events as well as outdoor patio seating (weather permitting).Please call us for more information or visit our website or facebook page.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Because I was here for a business dinner, I had the opportunity to order a meal which I wouldn't normally get (due to the high price). But first, we ordered one of every appetizer for the table, and they were all very good. My favorite was the crab dip. For my main course, I ordered a 14oz ribeye (medium-rare of course) with a lobster tail, side of garlic mashed potatoes, and a side caesar salad. The steak was cooked perfectly with a nice crust on the outside and a nice juicy center. The lobster tail was served on top of its tail, which I find very annoying, but it added to the presentation, so I get it. The caesar salad was really good too. I didn't have room for dessert, but by all accounts, the desserts were good too.

2  Thank V1100OBmatthewl

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The only day they're open for lunch and it never disappoints. Blu cheese bacon burger. And don't forget the banana cheesecake!!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My recent trip the 5th Street was as I expected. My steak was cooked exactly as I requested. Best steak in Chico.

As always, my main complaint is the acoustics: can get very loud.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I would expect the quality or food and service from this place to be something you would get from a top tier place in Los Angeles or New York. Food was perfect. Service was right on point. I loved how engaging our server was. Food was so great that we might have not noticed she was pregnant.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We were traveling through and found this gem. Highly recommend this place. The service was impeccable. Great menu. We had the ribeye, and the mushrooms were perfect. Great wine list to boot!

Been to 5th Street Steak House? Share your experiences!