“Great For Steaks”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned neighborhood restaurant in Downtown Chico. We feature USDA Prime Beef, market fresh seafood, homemade desserts, extensive wine list and full bar. We have a banquet facility available for private events as well as outdoor patio seating (weather permitting).Please call us for more information or visit our website or facebook page.
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We started with warm French bread and butter, then, a fresh organic spinach salad with cheese sprinkles and candied nuts. We also had prime rib with garlic butter mashed potatoes. The cabernet tasted perfect with the meal. For dessert we had a raspberry sorbet. Everything was delicious. The service was fast and attentive.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We really enjoyed 5th street, they had live music playing. We ardered the calamari it was pretty good. The spinach salad was great, the 12 oz fillet delicious and the mushrooms and asparagus cooked perfectly. The service was good and atmosphere was festive. We Reccomend it highly

Reviewed 27 November 2017

After hearing all the great reviews, we decided to give 5th Street Steakhouse another try. The halibut special was good, but my fiancé's filet minion steak was not great quality, it seemed smallish and he said it tasted like hamburger. Also it was overcooked, he asked for medium rare, and there was no rare about it. The crispy onion strings were barely warm. My salad was good, but his Caesar salad was underwhelming at best.
The wait staff are attentive but overconfident, and the juvenile chefs appeared jocular and distracted.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Because I was here for a business dinner, I had the opportunity to order a meal which I wouldn't normally get (due to the high price). But first, we ordered one of every appetizer for the table, and they were all very good. My favorite was the crab dip. For my main course, I ordered a 14oz ribeye (medium-rare of course) with a lobster tail, side of garlic mashed potatoes, and a side caesar salad. The steak was cooked perfectly with a nice crust on the outside and a nice juicy center. The lobster tail was served on top of its tail, which I find very annoying, but it added to the presentation, so I get it. The caesar salad was really good too. I didn't have room for dessert, but by all accounts, the desserts were good too.

2  Thank V1100OBmatthewl
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The only day they're open for lunch and it never disappoints. Blu cheese bacon burger. And don't forget the banana cheesecake!!

Been to 5th Street Steak House? Share your experiences!