“Very pleasant coffee shop”

Chiriaco Summit Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We were starving, as we were running so late due to the heavy downpour and flash floods on State Route 95. (8/2) It was almost 3:30, and this looked like a lovely spot to stop. And, it is very nice. The interior is quite charming, and the patio (dogs permitted) has atmosphere. It was much too hot to settle in outside (109 degrees), so we found ourselves a nice table inside, by the window.

My husband had a Cheeseburger, and I had a cup of soup with half a Tuna salad sandwich. He was very disappointed in the burger. They did make it medium rare, but it was tasteless. As was my Tuna salad sandwich. I could have been eating any bland tasteless food. Everything needed seasoning. It was fresh, and we were happy to eat there, but........it could have been much better.

Our server was friendly and welcoming, but the cashier (you pay at the counter) was very occupied talking to a co-worker, so ignored the customers. No "Thank you", nothing. I had inserted my chip card, and, since she was not paying attention, she rang it up as a cash sale. Then, when she had to redo it, she was not happy. (As if it were my fault!)

This place could be fabulous, but they need to try harder.

3  Thank NYU62

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped because of the General Patton Museum. Food was good, but don't miss the story of the Chiriacos and their story in the desert.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We decided to stop here as we were tired of drinking gas station coffee. It is located at the same exit as the General Patton Museum. We got coffee, pecan bread and banana bread. It was a nice restful stop.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Chiriaco Summit has been in business in some form or another for 80 years. Gas station, Fosters Freeze, cafe, General Patton museum. Good stopping place if you can't wait for Blythe going east or Indio going west. I had a chiriaco burger for 9.95 (bacon cheeseburger). Nothing special but not bad. My wife has a salad for 10.95 and was disappointed. Expensive for what you get.
Quick, friendly service. Don't pass it up if you need gas, food or an army tank but don't expect too much.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Nice little cafe that was much needed here. Service was good,food was good ,meal was served time8.What else could you ask for.I have gone back several times and have not been disappointed. On the road ? Then try tjis cafe.

Been to Chiriaco Summit Cafe? Share your experiences!