“Nice place to take a break from a boring drive”

Chiriaco Summit Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife and I have eaten in the restaurant before. On a late Saturday afternoon, we stopped to break up the trip monotony. I had a BLT with a cup of chili, she had a ham and cheese sandwich. Both were tasty, cooked and great!

What impressed me most was the staff while cleaning tables were smiling and seeming ly happy. Wow, someone who actually likes their job! This was a young woman I saw but both on duty were cheerful and very gracious. I was truly impressed! I will stop again because i like happy people! Great job!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Service is friendly and prompt, outside seating is hit or miss, menu is loaded with the typical sandwich, burgers, salad, fries, senior special very good, soups ok, parking good, gift shop and Patton Museum-very interesting. Prices for most menu items in the $10 range

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I would never have known this place existed if a friend hadn't brought me. I'm glad she did. Whenever I eat at a new place, I tend to lean toward something "safe", like burgers. My theory is that an eatery of any kind shouldn't be able to mess up a good burger. So far, this place didn't disappoint there. I ordered a cheeseburger with chips, and that is exactly what I received, complete with the salad (lettuce, tomato, pickle) on the side. The chips came in a bag. No worries. For my drink, coffee with cream and the waitress kept that coming.

My friend ordered a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, which came without the ham. After several unsuccessful attempts to catch the attention of the waitress, I raised my coffee mug, which caught the young woman's eye immediately, summoning her over. She filled my cup and I motioned to my friend, casually mentioning that the ham was missing from her sandwich. The issue was immediately seen to and the order returned to our table. My friend looked at me strangely, to which I shrugged and replied that my mother had been a waitress for many years and had taught me a thing or twelve.

Aside from that tiny bump in the road, the food was good, filling; the service was better than most local places I've been to; the coffee was hot and never-ending. The people were interesting to watch, both tourist and local alike, and never ceased to be a source of amusement and entertainment for my friend and me.

I would definitely recommend this place as a pit stop to get in out of the heat or the cold, or whatever Mother Nature throws at you.

(TIP: Just outside the restuarant, there's an alcove with a shrine. Stop in, say a prayer, ask for a blessing, leave an offering. Even if you don't believe or follow the same path or faith, it doesn't hurt to pay your respects. I did.)

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

For those that know me, know that I love diners. There is something about being able to get whatever kind of food you want at whatever time of day you happen to stop in. While driving back to Phoenix from California I sped past all the God awful fast food restaurants in Indio and made my way to Chiriaco off I-10. There is literally a gas station, the Patton Museum and this restaurant. I sat at the counter, because it is awesome to do so, ordered an ice coffee and a patty melt with fries. It was perfect. Here's hoping for a revival of the road side diner and a death to fast food joints. BTW, this place just celebrated its 84th anniversary. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Very Poor Customer Service ! The workers their shouldn't be speaking Spanish about their customers because some of us understand Spanish and then say they weren't and blame it on another co-worker and shouldn't argue with the customer either . Very poor
going to write a review on Yelp will Never stop there again and will let people know how rude they are .

2  Thank Carla R

Been to Chiriaco Summit Cafe? Share your experiences!