“Garlic and Pepper Chicken over Rice Very Dry”

Sanamluang Thai Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 141 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Most of the dishes we get are very good. We decided to try something new, Fried Garlic and Pepper with Chicken over rice. Very disappointed because the chicken was very dry and there was hardly any sauce, even the rice had very little sauce under it so it tasted like plain white rice. This was one of their more pricier dishes that we won't be trying again and we wouldn't recommend it either. We also wanted to try their duck over rice but they were out of duck. The Fried Koo Chi was good. We would get those again and would recommend it too.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I have been going to Sanamluang for 30 years now. The food served here is consistently good and price is affordable. They used to be in a different nearby location but now moved to Claremont next to Claremont Lodge and right off the 10 freeway. The Thai tea is very good here. The dishes we ordered the most is Pud See Ewe, Pad Kee Mow, Pad Thai, Chicken over rice, Tom Yun and sometime they have the fried banana that is very good.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I am thai and I can tell the difference between good thai food and bad thai food.this is one of the best thai restaurants in California I have been to.there is a wide selection of food. The prices is reasonable. Comfortable atmosphere

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We found big, tasty portions at reasonable prices. Our wait person was outstanding. Lucky for us we had locals who directed us here. This was one of the best meals during our ten day CA vacation. I tend toward the exotic so I had a spicy bowl with beef blood and what I call "spare parts". The waitress asked me if I were sure. I've never had that question before in a restaurant. It turns out it is her favorite dish and we all had lots of fun asking "Are you sure?"

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Sanamluang is a long-standing Thai restaurant in the area. It got bigger, and more crowded, with its move from Pomona to Claremont. The food is good, but there may be a wait.