“Don't Waste Your Money Here !!”
Review of Agave

Agave
Ranked #113 of 322 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Not worth your time and money !! You will be disappointed ! I came in solo while working swing shift for my lunch. I was seated and then ignored for nearly fifteen minutes even though the restaurant only had a few tables occupied. Once I received my menu, I made my decision on what to order. It again took several minutes for the server to come back to my table and take my order. I ordered a Calamari appetizer and Chicken enchiladas with a white sauce. Again, I only had somewhat limited time. After nearly another twenty minutes without even seeing my server, a staff member who worked there passed by. I motioned for him asking if he could tell me how long before my food would arrive. He shrugged and kept going. I should have left then! Finally my Calamari arrived and I must say it was delicious. This is the ONLY high point of my experience there. Finally, my enchilada's arrived with beans and rice. My enchilada's did not have a white sauce as ordered. Instead they were covered in chocolate Mole sauce. I decided not to complain as I had limited time to eat at that point because I had to resume working and the food had taken an exceedingly long time to arrive. The enchilada's were terrible. Shredded chicken with no flavor rolled in corn tortillas. This was my first experience with chocolate Mole. My understanding is the chocolate is supposed to enhance the chili's in the sauce. This was terrible. It was simply a chocolate sauce poured all over my enchilada's. This definitely did not work for me. The refried beans were pureed and did not look appetizing at all . Average flavor at best! I will never go back there. And by the way, they charge premium prices for this crap. BEWARE!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2016

Mediocre food, lousy service, not overly clean. Hardly anyone in there when we were there for lunch, staff didn't seem to speak english - hard to order.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

They have barbacoa on weekends. This is really really good. The sopes I think are homemade because also are so good. We use to go every single weekend to eat barbacoa. Tortillas homemade too.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

This was my third meal and second visit to the restaurant. Each meal has been consistently good and one was a take out order which even met the standards. Great chips and salsa. Margaritas are good but maybe a little sweet for my tastes. All of the dishes are fresh and taste amazing.

1  Thank JPHauck
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Lousy food; worse service and watered down drinks. A waste of time and money. The drinks took forever to arrive and were tasteless. The food was not much better. The service was basically nonexistant.