“P. F. Chang's - Corte Madera, California”
Review of P.F. Chang's - CLOSED

P.F. Chang's
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Have heard about P.F. Chang's when I lived in the Palo Alto area, but never managed to get there. This time, on our way home from S.F., decided to try it because it was on the way. Was quite surprised by the experience. The restaurant is in the mall on the end and very easy to get to. Plenty of parking available. For the handicapped, there is a ramp that takes you to the entrance, otherwise there is a short flight of stairs. There is outdoor seating for those who sit outside.

There is a bar area to the left as you enter, with a hostess to greet you and seat you. Our waitress arrived within minutes of our arrival to take our drink orders and they arrived pretty fast -- but given the hour we were there (pre-dinner), it should be expected. I managed to make up my mind pretty fast and got my drink in within the cut off for happy hour, but my husband missed the happy hour pricing.

The menu has both appetizers and ala carte items as well as main courses. In our case we chose items from both. Mine were all the appetizers and ala carte, but my husband chose one item off the main course. We ordered the crab wontons, egg soup, fried rice, long noodles and spring rolls and the main course was the cashew chicken. Everything was served hot to touch, which was a pleasant surprise considering most restaurants tend to bring stuff that has had a chance to cool down. The appetizers came so two people could enjoy, except the soup and long noodles. The cashew chicken was also enough for two people - though my husband wolfed it down with nothing left to share!

Pricing for items appeared to be fair - nothing outrageously expensive. With two drinks and what we ordered, including tip was less than $80. With the bill came the typical fortune cookies.

There were a few items on the menu that were suchi, but not being a fan, did not order. Also, the suchi offered was on the side of the menu with the appetizers. Would not consider this a sushi restaurant given that it is Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Never disappointed. Love the food, the service, the prices. The menu has been updated with new choices.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I got sick from this food and I never get sick! Someone in the back forgot to wash their hands. Service was good though. Decor ok. But I'd say stay away cuz who needs to get ill!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I arrived at 330 for dinner, and there was no host. We almost left after five minutes of no attention, before I asked to be seated. Food was decent, but I won't be back.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We met some friends here last Tuesday for dinner at 6pm. We used to really enjoy coming here, but it has changed for the worse.

We were seated by the host right away, the place was less than 25% full. We sat for 1/2 an hour before we started to ask why we had received no service. We got our menus at 6:45, our order was taken at 7:00 and we got our food at 7:25. My friend had asked for a drink at 6:45, didn't get it until after the food came at about 7:30.

I had a similar experience the previous time I went here, The spicy chicken was terrible, the host who seated us was rude, service was terrible. The waiter was nice, but over busy and slow. They are very understaffed.

The food was nothing special. From now on, I will stick with our local Chinese food place, they have better food, much less expensive and can make the food and deliver it to my house in less time than it takes to get a menu at P F Changs. I once tried one of their Mai Thais, it was just awful.
It will be a long, long time before we return, if ever.