“Wine and tasting menu extraordinaire”
Review of Old Vine Cafe

Old Vine Cafe
Ranked #7 of 514 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$12 - US$60
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Old Vine Cafe! We are open daily for breakfast and lunch, and Tuesday through Saturday for dinner! Stop in and join us, or call us about catering options.
Reviewed 1 March 2017

The wine parings are really lovely and the food itself is outstanding. Be sure to order the mac'n'cheese no matter what you are getting. It's great on its own. All in all not too pricey as well. Nice surroundings in a funky, but fun shopping center, The Camp.

There are newer reviews for Old Vine Cafe

Reviewed 1 March 2017

My wife and I went there for dinner last night and the place was about half-full. It has been quite a while since our last visit and we wanted to try the a la carte menu instead of the fixed menus that we usually ordered from. We tried the octopus, the egg plant and burrata, the beef tongue and the pappardelle. The octopus was good but some of the tentacles were overcooked and tough. The eggplant just didn't quite make the cut. It was deep fried and the burrata was served on the side and so was the pesto sauce. The ingredients do not go together and everything lacks seasoning. The beef tongue was tender and nicely cooked but the sauce was too overpowering. The pappardelle was very good. With all that said about the food, the most disappointing part was the service. The server we had was not attentive at all. After we finish our entrees we sat there and waited for 20 minutes for the server to come clear our dishes and offer the dessert menus. By that time, my enthusiasm for the grandma's cheesecake disappeared and we decided to call it the night. It will definitely be a while until the next time we visit again.

Triper5554, Owner at Old Vine Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

I am terribly sorry that you did not have the experience the other night that you remembered having during your previous visit. I will certainly address the service matter with my staff. I appreciate your business and your feedback, and take the level of my client's satisfaction seriously. Please feel free to reach out to me privately at: oldvinecafe@yahoo.com as I would like to make it up to you in any way I can.

Kind regards,

Chef Mark McDonald

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Place is hard to find, the seating is a bit tight, the menu was limited and the food subpar.

Large portions and really good service... otherwise another overpriced diner in So Cal

Reviewed 31 January 2017

The food out amazing! The service and cleanliness of restaurant was great! Several tasting menu options for different palettes. Would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I was surprised to find a delicious Indonesian Curry Shrimp alongside a Papardelle with a Pork Ragu and English Peas. The Focaccia Bread was "pillowy and unique" and the Salad with bleu cheese and crispy shallots was exceptional.
My party and I shared many plates and they were all so "delish!
We also had 2 bottles of a dry white wine that we all enjoyed along with tasting three different deserts.
Our server Kate was lovely and knowledgeable when it came to the menu and chef's origins of certain dishes. Next time, we will definitely go with one of their tasting menus.
I loved this restaurant for it's impeccable service and found it to be a great value considering the high quality of food and wine! Kudos to Chef and Staff.