“BOGO Meal”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 523 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My son and I stopped here for lunch one day and were intrigued to discover the BOGO special. Never considered that a nice restaurant at this level would offer something like that. So we decided to try it. The food here is consistent good classic Italian and that was proven true again during our 4th visit. And when we ate the BOGO meal several days later at home, it was just as good then. If they still offer the BOGO meal on our next visit (yes, we will definitely return!), I'll have to get it again!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Excellent authentic Italian fare at reasonable prices. Service is always outstanding, food is always tasty. Servers are always ready to help with recommendations.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Let me begin with a tip: make a reservation if you can. We called 15 min. before arriving and when we walked it, we got seated right away, bypassing the wait. The reservation got us the booth rather than the table. If it's later in the evening, it probably won't work but it's worth the try!

Now, as to why we came....the food. The shear volume of food for the price is amazing! We were warned. But wanting to sample 2 menu items we ordered 2 entrees. In particular, the Braised Beef Pappardelle easily could serve 2 (normal appetites). But before I describe our entrees, I should mention that I'm wowed by exotic flavors and combinations. I generally don't dine at Italian restaurants because the cuisine is too tame for my tastes, too simple. Still, I can appreciate good, well-prepared, quality food and this is exactly what we received. Making it more enjoyable was the excellent service we received.

The Braised Beef PappardelleIt comes on a big platter with a sizeable chunk of braised beef atop vegetables, potatoes and 2 inch long portions of flavorful sausage. The meat is tender, juicy and nicely seasoned. Admittedly, I don't eat a lot of my entree because I've stuffed myself with the warm, crusted bread dipped in basalmic and olive oil. If you can restrain yourself from gobbling up the bread, you'll likely have a shot at finishing your entree. Our second dish was the Chicken Francese, a lightly crusted, tender, moist chicken breast that has been pounded into a thin cutlet. This dish comes with 2 cutlets, perfect for sharing. Our server suggested we change the potatoes for the spaghetti olio, a lightly dressed pasta with oil and garlic. In addition there is a small serving of arugula, also dressed with an olive oil (probably my favorite part of this dish). Both dishes were excellently prepared and as you look around this packed restaurant, you can see that most people must think the same.

1  Thank imabug22
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I have eaten at the Restaurant in Las Vegas. I was driving around Santa Ana lost a few weeks ago and saw ia Maggiano;s in the parking lot of a mall. After being very frustrated with traffic is was a relief to stop there and enjoy an amazing dinner and wine. The servings are more then you can eat at a very reasonable price This place has the same quality of food and service as the Las Vegas Restaurant. If your anywhere near one of there locations. It is well worth your time and the drive.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I eat here every year in my summer holiday. Good size menue with vriety of food for every taste. Big plate's though. They even give you free meal to take home with you.
Friendly busy place. Give it a try!