Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$104
TributePortfolio
US$159
US$127
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree covered parkingbreakfast room isyard housefront desknicely updated hotelnewport beachmedium sizeeasy walking distanceunderground garageexercise roomoutdoor poolconvenient locationshower headnice hotelrooms are cleanearly checkwould stay here again
Reviewed 24 March 2017

The hotel is in a very convenient location to my office and to great restaurants. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and includes breakfast everyday. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. There is covered parking as well.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank rpeck21
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The only problem I had here was the ability to hear people in the other rooms, both above and beside me. The walls seemed paper thin and I couldn't understand how with carpeted floors, the noise above was so loud. Maybe suggest the top floor! That was a bit of a bother, but it is a nice hotel with a nice staff and covered parking.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kimhelm
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I had an awesome experience from start to finish. The staff is extremely pleasant and Andrew at the front desk was very helpful and had a fantastic attitude. I will definitely book this place again when I'm back in the area!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank rsashton
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I use the Holiday Inn Express hotels for my business travel, and I found this property one step up from some other HIE's. The staff I encountered were polite and professional. The property is well maintained and very clean. My room was in great condition. The breakfast was the standard HIE breakfast. The gym was adequate. The outdoor pool size was appropriate for the size of hotel (and very clean). The pool towels were real pool towels. I am very happy that I stayed at this property.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wbsAlberta
Ronnie D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear wbsAlberta,
Thank you for such a detailed and wonderful post.
We do appreciate all your comments and are very glad that you had a great stay.
Do visit again.
R Dalgado

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

As I pulled up to the hotel and parked in the small underground garage, I was thinking, "Uh Oh... What did I just get myself into?"

The neighborhood is spotty, and as I walked up to the small lobby, it was clear that this is a much older hotel. I was preparing myself for the worst.

Here's the thing - It would be very hard to find fault with this hotel. Nothing blew me away with grandeur or spectacular-ness, but the staff was VERY friendly, everything was spotlessly clean and smelled good, the bed was very comfortable, and everything worked.

The exercise room (Third floor) had the essentials, and the equipment was anything but high end, but again, EVERYTHING WORKED. This was a nice departure from my night before at another hotel, where the gym equipment was much higher end, but most of it had something wrong with it.

If I HAD to find fault, it was that the internet would sometimes get a little wonky (nothing major), and that the shower head was a bit low for me. That was it - Nothing that detracted from my stay.

So in the end, the price was great, and my sleep was deep, and I couldn't find anything to satisfy my need to be disappointed. Well done, folks!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NelPit
Ronnie D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear NelPit,
Thank you for your detailed review. We loved reading your approach to your stay and ecstatic to know that everything worked well to your satisfaction and you enjoyed our staff.
R Dalgado