Costa Mesa Marriott
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$154
  • Breakfast included
US$125
US$80
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$119
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfrench doorssouth coast plazaseparate bedroomroom rateovernight parkingfull servicebuffet breakfastnice hotelper dayfront desk staffrestaurants within walking distancehigher floorbit datedwet barsitting areaorange countymini fridge
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

The outdoor space at this hotel is very nice. Not a huge pool, but it's pleasant and surrounded by chaise lounges and cabanas. There's a hot tub as well.

Rooms are all suites, which is nice. Tiny balconies which are not really usable. But otherwise fine.

The hotel is close to the airport and offers a free shuttle but it doesn't come that often and is not that convenient. I opted for a $7 uber ride on the way back.

There's no lounge here for elite members, which I missed. However they did send up two complimentary bottles of Diet Pepsi at my request, which was really nice! Buffet breakfast is included for elite members, though.

There's a bar and restaurant (overpriced and not open late). But Costa Mesa is not really a late night place. There are a few restaurants in walking distance (most everything closes by 10pm). There's also a huge mall about a 10 min walk away, with every store you can think of.

Overall, nice hotel and friendly staff. I'd probably stay here again if I come to Costa Mesa again (though I do miss having a VIP lounge!)

Reviewed 29 October 2015

This hotel provided excellent service and was conveniently located to Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and family & friends. I loved the suite concept and was able to visit in the sitting area. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quiet and no morning sun to wake you too early.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Only to start with a $24 per night parking fee...

horrible hotel, horrible staff.
I arrived at 11:30 PM there was no one to help with luggage or parking the car, I would think that for 24 dollars that they're charging for parking at least they can help you park the car but no I had to carry my very heavy luggage to the lobby where the receptionist handed me a luggage cart as I was a bell boy.
So after I took out my luggage and placed it in the cart I had to park my car in the fourth floor of the parking lot go down the stairs grab the very heavy cart push it all the way to my room only to find that my room was disgusting!!
Damp, old horrible.....
Avoid the hotel!!

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Arrived at John Wayne Airport which was a delight. Called for shuttle and it was running slow so they picked up the tab on a cab. Greeted and checked in quickly. Suite was comfortable beyond words. Great food and drink at Hemingways, amazing soups and salads, Yaneth and Oscar and every server was great. Hectors tacos the best. Dining and shopping in walking distance. Outstanding breakfast bar the best create an omelet just delicious. Beautiful pool. Would return for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I recently stayed while attending a seminar at the Westin which was a short walk from the Marriott. I checked in very late...actually into the early am hours. I had driven from Arizona and really just wanted to get some rest before my first meeting. I was not very warmly received at check in I was made to feel like an inconvenience to the clerk rather than a valued guest. Some people have a bad day so I brushed it off to get to my room as quickly as possible. The room was a small suite and very nice for the price. When I went to wash my face in the bathroom sink there were a number of black hairs in the sink which gave me a negative feeling overall about the cleanliness. On my second night I decided to visit the hot tub after a long day of meetings. When I got down to the pool area there were no towels and I figured they would be replenished while I was there as a staff member was taking away the dirty ones. Unfortunately he never returned and I was left at the pool with no towel. To add to the situation my room key fell down between the furniture out of my reach. I had to enter the lobby dripping wet to ask for a new key. I apologized to the front desk clerk and advised him of the situation (lack of towels and needing key) He said no problem I will have some brought out. I advised that I was returning to my room he said that's fine and proceeded to check in a couple who walked up after I had. I felt very uncomfortable waiting and dripping in the lobby while waiting for him to finish and create a key for me. Again a total lack of service on the part of the evening staff. It wasn't all bad though. I ordered room service 2 of the nights and the staff was friendly, accommodating and efficient. The food was very good as well. I must also say that the gentleman at the front desk during the daytime was very friendly and went out of his way to show me the business center and help with other questions. I wish I had his name for this review. I just remember that his name tag said Rooms Division or Revenue Manager and he had dark hair. The other front desk staff could learn quite a bit about service from him.

Overall for the location the price and accommodations are a good value. The pool area, exercise room and bar area are very nice. The hotel is updated and well maintained. Parking is $24/day a bit high and no valet or bell service. The Westin was a bit more expensive but parking was more economical and full service with Valet and Bell captain.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business