See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2015

This Motel 6 was immaculate. Maybe recently renovated. My only complaint is that you have to go to the lobby for coffee and the towels were like sandpaper. Staff was very friendly and helpful in giving directions.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2014

laundry machines were broken, told us to call 800 # to complain?
owners/managers didn't care. have to pay for wifi.
I could hear the hookers screaming upstairs..not a place for families.
we would never come back. if we ever stayed at this chain again I would do a lot more research. the rooms very plain but were clean..thats about the only good thing I can say

Room Tip: pay $20 more and go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 600ajr
Reviewed 3 December 2014

We had stayed at this Motel 6 about a year ago and returned in November 2014 to find that the rooms have been refurbished and modernized. The most notable difference is that the carpets in the rooms have been replaced with wood-grained laminate flooring. Since the motel allows pets at no extra charge, that is a practical move. Much cleaner and more sanitary. The bathroom fixtures are new, but it's still a Motel 6, very basic and low cost. We stay there when travelling with our dog. Other posters who complain about the lack of a refrigerator and microwave, and no free shampoo don't understand what a Motel 6 is. Those other amenities are readily available at other motel chains at a higher cost and you can't bring your dog.

An AARP membership card will get you a discount and free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 25 November 2014

I chose this motel based on the location. It's just off the freeway and a few miles to the beach. It's laid out in a horseshoe shape with part of the underground parking under the building, yet open in the back. There are stairs and an elevator. My room was located on a large empty open courtyard space that no one ever seemed to cross. The decor was in a basic retro style with bright solid colors. The room has flooring and no carpet. I avoided the cold feeling by putting towels on the floor. The A/C, frig, microwave and TV all operated easily, though the A/C was missing a control knob. The internet was slow coming up, but otherwise functioned properly. There is very basic coffee and tea available in the lobby and better coffee is just up the street. The front desk staff were pleasant. For the second day, I believe my towels were folded, but not replaced. There is a small pool and jacuzzi which a couple people did use. In all, I would return for another stay.

Room Tip: If you are not a fan of floors and no carpet, bring slippers.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Indi237
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I made the reservation by calling the Motel 6 booking phone number. I was given an address I was told was in Newport Beach, which I plugged into my GPS. The GPS went berserk telling us to turn here, turn there, taking us to locations that were NOT the hotel. Finally I found a taxi driver who said that we were looking in the wrong town! He gave us proper instructions and we finally found it after driving aimlessly through the tourist area of Newport Beach. When we did arrive at the place, the clerk was having a pleasant chat with a group of people while I waited. It did not sound like hotel business, just a pleasant chat, while I became even more frustrated at being ignored. Finally the people left and I was able to check in.
The room we had was a "3" room, I don't recall the exact number. Call it 324. So we took the elevator to the third floor and walked the ENTIRE floor trying to find it, further adding to the upset of the evening, while my companion became even angrier. He went back to the office in frustration, where he was told that our room is actually on the 4th floor. Luckily, it was a good-sized room and the beds were comfortable. The ice machine was on the 2nd floor, so he went down, got ice, and we had a relaxing drink. There were not enough towels in the room so we had to have some brought to us.
The best thing about this or any other Motel 6 is that they allow pets, which explains why they did not have carpeted floors. I can live with that. Once the frustrations of finding the place and then the room were past, it was a decent place to stay and I would probably return....BUT, I did have to go downstairs and outside to smoke, so I combined the smoke break with a walk for the dog, which made the dog happy. We were there several days, leaving in the morning and returning at night. The room had been cleaned in our absence and they did leave enough towels...maybe others have had other experiences, but mine was acceptable, for the price. I would have expected more if I had been paying more, but I am able to make allowances in exchange for the benefit of having my dog with me.

Room Tip: It is on the access road near the highway, so stay at the back if possible. It is easy driving distance to Newport Beach and other tourist-y areas.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends