“Lovely lamb soup ”

Black Beach Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$59
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Groups, View
Description: The Black Beach restaurant and coffee house is located in one of the most amazing nature highlights of the south, Reynisfjara. In a short walking distance from the basalt formations and the cave Halsanefshellir the restaurant offers a breathtaking view of Dyrholaey and the ocean. The restaurant was built in 2014 and is an architectural beauty where the building blends into the terrain and rocks from the beach were used as building material in the walls. The coffee house offers; hot soup, freshly made cakes and sandwiches, local discs such as waffles with local ice cream, soft drinks, coffee and tea. The restaurant offers traditional Icelandic food like lamb, beef and fish. We offer free wifi to our guests. General opening hours are flexible for group orders.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After a wonder in the black beach, the only way to warm up is a coffee and a bowl of hot and steamy Icelandic lamb soup, it was super tasty and the bowl was filled to the brim, simply served with bread and some very very nice butter! Only reason for 4 stars is the tables were dirty but they were very busy!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Our tour took us to the Black Beach and our lunch stop was here. Our tour guide recommended the lamb soup so my wife and I gave it a try. As mentioned by others this is cafeteria style so you ladle your own soup.The soup consisted of chunks of lamb and vegetables. I'm used to a thicker lamb stew so this soup came off as watery and thin. But, as it was gale force winds with rain, it was a welcome respite from the weather.

1  Thank leh003
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Perfectly located next to the beach and car park.

Canteen style self service venue serving sandwiches and cakes.
We had croissants filled with smoked salmon, marriage cake and beers all nice enough.

Ok for a quick bite on a road trip.

1  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This little cafe/restaurant is located directly adjacent to Reynisfjara Beach near Vik. It has a great view for a sunset meal and the food was well priced and tasty! I had a burger and my wife had the fish and chips and both were great! The personnel were friendly and you also have some pastries to choose from for desert if you like. Great place to warm up after being out on the beach!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Best turnip soup I've ever had in my life and I never liked turnips but now I love them. This soup and recipe is only specific to this restaurant because no other restaurant had this on their menu. Views of the dangerous yet magical black sand beach are breathtaking. Definitely try this place for your taste bud adventure.