“Small ranching town near San Luis Obispo County wine country - community-owned”
Review of Loading Chute

Loading Chute
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Creston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Friendly. Good food. Breakfast and lunch a t moderate prices. Dinners after 4 PM are higher and in the $30 range. Happy hour too.

facebook /loadingchute

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Nothing fancy about this restaurant but the food is great with friendly staff. It was located 5 minutes from our B&B so the convenience after a day of adventure was welcoming!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Lot's of good reviews so we decided to take the 50 minute drive out to give it a try. Beef Dip Sandwich had the most tender beef ever.....but the flavor of the au jus wasn't there at all, so the sandwich had no taste. Fries were the common crispy on the outside regular frozen like many other places offer (somehow expected they would have made their own). My husband had their soup, no flavor. He had the Steak Sandwich which was tough served with same ordinary fries. The 3 stars is because the older server we had was so great and such a sweet woman. Disappointing to say the least.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

The Loading Chute is a local steakhouse in the historic small town of Creston, CA. I have dined there for dinner on a few occasions and have enjoyed the meal, so decided to try it for breakfast with a couple of friends, this past weekend.

We arrived around 11:30 on Sunday morning and were seated, after a short wait. We noticed that breakfast is served until noon, and then lunch from that time on. After looking at the menu, my friends decided on lunch and were willing to wait the additional 25 minutes until lunch was served. I really wanted to try the eggs benedict, so I asked the waitress, a blonde lady with a pink blouse, but no name tag, if I could order closer to noon, so that my friends could also put in their lunch order and hopefully our meals would arrive not too far apart. The waitress was a bit surly and said, No! She insisted that I order immediately and said that my breakfast would arrive long before the lunch orders.

I did not understand why I could not wait a few minutes to order as it was still 20 minutes before 12:00 noon. The menu clearly states that breakfast in served until NOON. That should mean that breakfast can be ordered anytime before noon, but she insisted on being uncooperative, so I ended up ordering lunch along with my friends, a tri-tip sandwich that contained much more lettuce and tomato than it did tri-tip.

I asked to speak with a manager, but was told that the manager began his work day at 4:30 p.m. Perhaps that is why this particular waitress thought she could be so rude to a customer. In any event, I do believe that the establishment should have been more accommodating and should read their own menu which says that breakfast is served until noon, which means that breakfast ... can be ordered until noon....I think!

I may return at some future date for dinner again, but never for breakfast or lunch, especially in an area where there are a number of great places to eat those meals.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I first had lunch at the Loading Chute in 2012 and thought it was at the edge of civilization. It is. There is nothing but hills and ranches east of Creston for about 80 miles. But now I live on a ranch in Creston 6 miles down the road from the Loading Chute. They serve excellent American food, steak, seafood, burgers, wood fired pizza. Try the Brussel Sprouts with Gorganzola and bacon even if you don't like Brussel Sprouts. They are amazing. We eat there about once a week. In addition to the great food, on the weekends you get to see touring groups like the Rolls Royce club, classic motorcycle and car clubs, real cowboys (the Creston Rodeo is in September) as well as the locals.