“Delicious choices, no skimping here!”
Review of Metro Cafe

Metro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 362 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The #1 rating for restaurants in Culver City is well deserved. The food is delicious and the menu has many choices including some specialities such as their Serbian breakfast. The food is healthful and you can get your bacon, ham, etc. cravings satisfied too. It is not a large restaurant but the hospitable owner is efficient in managing the crowds which appear especially on the weekends. The restaurant is attached to a Travelodge (off Sepulveda and Washington Pl.) but you can spot it by the people milling in front of it. The neighborhood and Westside foodies know this is a gem of a restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Unsure how to rate places in California because everything here is so different than other states. The coffee was excellent and so was the service. But the prices for food were exorbitant. We were going to stop for breakfast before leaving town (and the state) but when we saw that omelettes were around $13 and a breakfast sandwich was $10, we just had coffee and left. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying their meals and the food looked good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I grew up in L.A. but had not been around for many years. When my long time friends suggested we eat here, I had no idea what it was all about. Turns out the dishes are flared with the owner's Serbian roots.

We arrived before the dinner crowd and I was able to discuss my food issues. The waitstaff were very knowledgeable and very pleasant about making suggestions and accommodating my needs. No gluten, soy, white potato, corn, rice, sugar or oils besides olive oil. I was VERY pleased with a nice grilled chunk of salmon with grilled vegetables. FAB! The husband ate goulash and, being a boy from Texas, loved all that beef. He likened it to a great pot roast with mashed potato. A side of spinach squared it off. Our friends started with the mushroom salad that look fantastic and took the Osso Bucco. Since they were very quiet when the plates were served, I knew the focus was on eating. Very good all around and we will be back! With a bottle wine that we brought in for corkage, dinner averaged $30 PP with tip.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Sharna K
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Funny thing, when asking them what was great on the menu, the answer was there known for their great service. When we showed up we asked for a table where we could sit next to each other. The answer was no. We had to sit across. The entire night that table was available. The one that would’ve made us happy if this place truly had great service. On the other hand the food was good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Nice one! Pretty good service, huge portions. Lots of people come for breakfast . I liked their granola. They also have a big variety of omelletes

Date of visit: October 2017