All reviewsapple tvfront desksilicon valleyunderground parkingwhole foodsw hotelfirst floorbusiness tripbusiness travelernice amenitiesbed was comfortableearly checkwedding partyexcellent staysan josehappy hourrobot
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is maybe a bit too glammed up for what it really is but still that was kind of fun. It is very confusing to get around at first and it took me a few days to figure out the stairs without ending up out on the street. The good part was the outside greenery was very nice. After a few days I figured it all out. Breakfast was included and it was quite good with lots of choices although some, like the type of yogurt, were not my favourite...very runny. Great fruit selection though! The room was ok, not perfect but bed was comfy and Apple TV was great. I needed to wind down at night with a bit of Netflix. What was a bit disturbing was the couch which had some stains on it that were enough that I chose not to use it at all. I am sure it was clean but those stains didn’t leave much to my imagination. I would have the couches removed. The bathroom was ok, good counter space but the combo shampoo is not my favourite and the shower was just ok. Still overall it was fine. I did use the gym and appreciated the 24hours it was open. It was clean and the minimal equipment was plenty for a simple workout. My experience with the staff was great from the check in to having a second blanket brought to my room. Same for the bar area where they were quite attentive. I like others enjoyed watching the robot out on a delivery. So overall average. There were really some good things but they were brought down a bit by a few mediocre things.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
DaveEn1, General Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay but sorry to hear you experienced some inconveniences. We really appreciate your feedback on the stained couch in your room and will make sure to forward your feedback to the team to make sure this is taken care of immediately. We really hope to welcome you back soon and provide the quality of service you deserve. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the other hotel amenities including breakfast and our wonderful staff. Again, thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We primarily stayed here because of the location. It’s 10 min away from the new Apple campus. With that being said, the overall feel is a bit cheap. I’m in my late 30’s, & this place might appeal more to the 20’s crowd. The rooms were nothing special. The breakfast area is confusing. There was finally a lady walking around saying that she could take our order. Ahhh was very friendly, but everyone else looked confused as well.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
DaveEn1, General Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We deeply appreciate your feedback on our property and will use your feedback to make improvements to our property and service going forward. We hope in the future we can be a better fit for you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I stayed here for 6 nights and the bathroom was only cleaned for 3 of them. I don't expect things to perfect, but they clearly didn't clean the shower, toilet or sink, replace the towels or things like soap. Speaking of which, the shampoo is one of those shampoo + conditioner in one.

Wifi is fast enough. I love that there is an Apple TV in the room so you can watch your own videos. The location is very convenient to Apple's campus and a few restaurants.

The staff is friendly but not exactly interested in sorting out problems. I had laundry done and they didn't even bother to put it in my room or bring it up, despite the fact that 2 people were just chatting it up at the front desk when I went to inquire. When there was an issue with my SPG number, which was the result of the front desk clerk making a typo, they told me to call SPG instead of confirming their accuracy in typing.

I'm not expecting a W Hotel, but I'd rate this as "fine" but not "great"

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
DaveEn1, General Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am deeply sorry about the cleanliness and issue with our front desk; that does not meet the standards our guests have come to expect. I’m not sure how this detail was overlooked but I do want to assure you that it does not represent our commitment to daily housekeeping and responsiveness. I will follow up with our staff and make sure they are aware of how this oversight affected your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the other hotel amenities including the Apple TV and location. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Stayed here a few weeks ago, this hotel is conveniently located in Cupertino. I was not impressed with the overall cleanliness of the hotel, nor the service (which other reviews have mentioned). I will say that the GM (Andy) was not at all receptive when I brought these concerns to his attention. Next time I will stay elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank whyismezso1337
Andy E, General Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

I would like to sincerely apologize if I gave you the impression that I was not being receptive to your concerns. We take your comments very seriously and will work hard to improve any cleanliness concerns. Thank you for taking the time to personally share your concerns with me. We will work with our Managers and Supervisors and ensure they continue to work to improve service and cleanliness.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

The customer service here is APPALLING. Pray nothing goes wrong or else you are out of luck. It took me tweeting out to the Aloft Hotels brand for the general manager to reach out to me after TWO weeks of ignored calls and messages. I found an amazing deal (under 100 for the night), and decided to do a mini getaway for a night. When I received the final folio I was charged a "smoking fee". Of course I called right away because I don't smoke. Turns out they charged me for a broken TV. For starters, we were in the room for maybe 8 hours, all of them used for sleeping. Second, we didn't turn on the TV and it was turned off when we first entered the room. Apparently when housekeeping came to do the check, the screen picture was messed up. We have NO idea if it was like this before we checked in. For all we know, housekeeping could have accidentally knocked the tv when cleaning the room, but we'll never know since it was off when we walked in and never turned on. Note, the screen itself was not physically broken, the picture was just not working properly.

I think its a joke that it took me tweeting out to corporate to get a response. I wasn't rude, or aggressive. I pretty much only stay at Starwood and Marriott hotels, so I figured I could speak to management since I have never had an issue with breaking anything since I started staying in 2008.

I'd like to remind Andy (the general manager) that all TV's do break eventually, and since there was NOTHING physically damaged in the room, maybe he should reconsider his customer service approach before charging customers so flippantly.

So congratulations Aloft, you permanently lost a customer over $150, and now that I'm about to get status at Hilton, I might just end up cancelling the 20 Starwood/Marriott reservations I had already made for business travel this year.

The terrible customer service issue aside, yes the room was a bit grungy, the walls are thin, and the front desk was not exactly pleasant when we checked in.

They do have a constant stream of income due to being next to Apple, so i'm sure this accounts for at least part of this hotel's awful attitude. Goodluck!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cristina S
Andy E, General Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Well we get it Cristina, you are upset that we had to charge you for the smashed tv screen. That is the benefit of review sites such as this, you get to vent to your hearts content. The reason we know it wasn't broken prior to your check in is because it was not smashed. That happens to be something our housekeeping staff checks for. After your departure the tv screen was smashed. We could have been jerks and charged you for the replacement of the TV, which would have cost you $450+. But we understand sometimes accidents happen. You and your friend obviously enjoyed yourselves based on the pictures the staff provided me. We were very clear about the charge and communicated it to you multiple times. So we are sad to hear you are considering our competitors but understand if you want to take your business elsewhere. Sorry to lose a valuable customer, thank you for taking the additional time to share your frustrations. We hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful New Year.