New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
anaheim
“Poor Management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I was there visiting some family this past week and the management there is pathetic. My family had a problem with the ac, so my dad went to the front desk and spoke with denise the front office manager. My father was trying to explain what was wrong with the ac and how it leaked all over the floor, but he only got a few words out before she started interrupting him.
She was saying that this sort of thing happens all the time and someone would be up there to fix it. My dad said thank you and she replied "you welcome". I have no idea what it takes to be in management at the marriott but my guess is that it does not take a lot. When we returned to the room the carpet was still wet, so i called the front desk and spoke with justin and told him what happened and he apologized and said he would send someone up with a fan to dry the carpet. As soon as i got off the phone with justin there was someone knocking at my door with a fan. All i can say is that if you need something try and talk to someone at the front desk and not denise because she does not know what she's doing and needs to learn how to speak proper english.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear John, Thank you for your review and making us aware of the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel. We apologize for the problem you encountered with the AC unit in your room during your stay and that it ws not taken care of in a timely manner. We have addressed your issues with our Manager, Denise. The good news is we are replacing these AC Units at this time and this problem should be resolved. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope that you will give us another chance. Please contact me personally and I will take care of your next stay.- Kindest Regards, Sally Brayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

There are 3 basic requirements for the hotel to be considered average: Clean, comfortable, quiet. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Quiet...just as I was about to fall asleep I heard what I thought was a room service cart going a hundred miles an hour down the hallway. Turns out that was not the cause of the racket. It was someone taking a shower in the room next door, or above, I couldn't tell. But the noise was horrendous. I am not a light sleeper, so I was soon dozing away, but that was noisy! The rest of the stay was very satisfying, nice staff, pretty lobby and bar, quick meals at the little cafe. Too bad about the plumbing sound.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Swamilama
Thank you for bringing the problem you encountered during your stay to our attention. We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable. We are working on the issue you experienced with the loud pipes. Our Chief Engineer explained that once in a whole, but not often the booster pumps affect the water pressure and it can result in a specific pipe being noisy for a short period of time. We are working on adjusting this where needed and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I recently spent five nights at this hotel. All staff during the weekdays were top notch and provided excellent service. The weekend staff needs some additional training. I reported a problem with my room Heat / AC unit to the weekend desk clerk. I could not get the temperature of my room regulated. I woke up two nights in a row in a cold room. The heat was set to 69 degrees. The second night there was a puddle of water in my room by the unit. I reported it to the desk clerk when I left for the day. The clerk seemed indifferent, by Marriott standards, and said some one would fix it. When I returned that evening there no no indication anyone had looked at the unit. I decided to wake up hot rather than cold, so I turned the heat to 74 degrees.

This facility has a small bistro style cafe onsite, The food was uniformly unremarkable until I bit into a Buffalo Chicken sandwich that was not cooked thoroughly and still cold in the middle. That cured my taste for Buffalo chicken.

Other than those few missteps, this is a very nice facility at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The hotel sits perpendicular to the highway and all rooms face away from traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Cliff R
Dear Cliff, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It only helps us to see where we can improve and let our staff know what our guests are experiencing. We take great pride in the fact that the majority of our staff have been with us for many years and are well trained. As true in many cases, seniority sets in and the newer staff members work the weekend. Nevertheless, this is no excuse for not having the ability to serve our guests just as professionally as our staff with more experience. Please know that we are working on bringing all of our team up to the high standards that our guests have come to expect over the years. As for your cold sandwich in the Bistro, apologies again. Our Bistro is the new Courtyard standard and we just completed a major renovation in our lobby, adding this wonderful addition, unfortunately, you were here when we were just completing training. Hopefully you will come back to see how we can "Wow" you! Kindest Regards, Sally Brayton
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I wish all of our stays were like this. Stayed for two nights. The guy at the front desk was having a little trouble getting us checked in; said it was his first day. He was very nice nonetheless and apologetic. Gave us little gift bags for our trouble. Room was spacious, quiet, clean and very comfortable. No complaints.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank craigbert
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in December of 2011. Overall had a great stay.

This is a great 3 star hotel. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. however if you want a decent clean place to stay with great service, this is it..

The hotel has very friendly staff that went out of their way to assist us.

The rooms are good with comfortable beds and all of the basic amenities you would expect.

Overall, would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
0.6 km away
5.2 km away
Best Host Inn
Best Host Inn
#1 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!