“Turning Japanese”

Ranked #100 of 194 Restaurants in Daly City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 March 2015

i had a quick lunch with my good friend. It's my first time to order a bento box meal. I ordered my shrimp tempura and Yaki-Niku.
I was amazed because it was a BIG serving. It had sidings of salad and a slice of fruit with miso soup.
The meat tasted so good and was very tender.. The tempura could have been better with thiner batter. It was a good lunch overall.
I strongly recommend this Resto if you like Japanese. Did not try their sashimis or sushis but I am certain it will be good.
Price is reasonable for the bento lunch for 2 choices:$6.95
I will definitely go back to try more...

Reviewed 18 February 2015

We usually go at happy hour for the menu and drinks before 6 pm. They are very accomodating with the kids and their special requests for food. Basic Japanese, nothing too fancy. The rolls are just okay, but we go for the great service.

1  Thank 736minmins
Reviewed 5 November 2014 via mobile

Big let down after hearing good things. Strange blend of Japanese food. Had the lolly pop fried oysters. Shocking as it was served on mash potatoes...I also ordered the lobster salad. Looked interesting but tasted bland. I though it was imitation lobster meat. Others ordered the Japanese burrito. Strange combination of ingredients. Wouldn't go back. Sorry...

Reviewed 30 September 2014

There are many good Japanese restaurants in our area but I put this on the top of my list. We were there for lunch. The Bento box lunch was excellent and we plan to go back this week for dinner. The atmosphere is nice, the food excellent and the prices reasonable.
Barracuda is located in Serramonte shopping center. There is plenty of free parking.

1  Thank Donna A
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A friend and I went in a few weeks ago for dinner. It was nearly empty and we were seated right by the entrance to the kitchen door. We kindly asked to be seated somewhere else since the restaurant was practically ours for the taking! (We also noticed an overwhelming smell of cleaning solution throughout our meal, not pleasant.) The food was average and it was rather annoying because we were never able to get a refill on our beverage. Needless to say, we did not linger. We won't go back, the food was fine but the service was lousy.