“Great old fashioned diner”
Review of Harbor House Cafe

Harbor House Cafe
Ranked #54 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I liked the old diner feel with all the movie star pictures on the walls, etc. My guacamole bacon burger was large and fantastic. The half I had leftover the next day. was even good after heating it up. It was busy, but had good service. Wish I could have gone back to try something else on their extensive menu.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My families been coming here for the chowder for years. I like the burgers, too. The service is always great and there's plenty of seating. I never like I'm being rushed and there's not loud music...making this a good spot to catch up with friends.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Called in during breakfast just for coffee. Impressed with interior which looked like a movie set, but I guess was pretty authentic from when the diner started out in 1939. Lots of old movie photos and black & white photos, I really liked the place.

Returned for a late lunch. Had a bowl of Chilli, more like meat and gravy with little flavour so we left disappointed.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My daughter and I stopped here to eat on the way to San Diego. It looked like a nice local place and it was. The restaurant is decorated with old movie posters from the 1950s through more recent times. The menu has burgers, fries and shakes like most such places, but other more interesting items. My daughter had fish tacos which she said were good, and I bought Albacore in lemon garlic sauce with capers and fresh vegetables. It was excellent! Coffee was good and service was great.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The menu is so large it is obvious most is not prepared fresh.
Fish and chips...Frozen
Turkey burger....Frozen
Chicken....Frozen
Best for a late night sober me up greasy meal.....