“Good Italian Restaurant”

Agostino Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Agostino Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2017

While staying at the Riviera Beach Resort, we decided to walk over to Agostino's. It was a great decision. Based on previous review that questioned the 20% discount, we read the details of the discount dining card from the Riviera (which said that it did not apply to drinks or tip & you needed to tell restaurant prior to ordering). We told our waitress up front and everything went smoothly. We tried the escargot as an appetizer that was ok. My wife ordered the salmon ravioli special, and I had the Linguini Pescatore. I asked if I could replace the linguini with angel hair and was told that was ok to do. The salmon ravioli was very good, and I found the angel hair and mixed seafood to be exceptional. While the seafood was ample and good tasting, the angel hair and sauce was outstanding. We shared a lemoncello gelato that was also outstanding. The noise level has high but acceptable.Overall, a very pleasant experience.

3  Thank JWS44

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

So we stayed at the Riviera beach resort and spa. (Another review coming for this place) We got a 20% discount coupon to eat here. Service was decent, food average, atmosphere was extremely loud. At the time of payment we told them of the 20% off and the bill went down from 145 and change to 121 and change. NOT 20% when I went to school. Be careful. That ruined the experience for me. To think for an extra 4-5 bucks they lost a future customer and I will tell everyone I know.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

While staying at the SurfSide Inn on Pacific Coast Hwy, in Capistrano Beach, CA we decided to have dinner at Agostino's Ristorante Italianao, which was a short 5 minute walk from our lodging.This proved to be the finest Italian food, service, atmosphere, and ocean view my wife and I have ever experienced. We arrived at the restaurant about 4:55PM, 5 minutes before the official opening time, but Luigi, the Owner and Chef, immediately opened the door for us and warmly greeted us. We chose a table by a window across from the ocean to enjoy the view, and sunset. Leslie our server, was very personable, professional, with a great sense of humor, and seemed sincerely interested to see that we were well taken care of. Being from Oregon for our 20th wedding anniversary we ordered a carafe of Merlot wine, and I ordered the Vitello(veal) Parmigiana with a caesar salad with anchovies, substituted for a small fee for a house salad or soup, and my wife had the Vitello Piccatta with Minnestrone soup. For dessert I ordered Spumoni ice cream which my wife and I shared. This proved to be a gourmet dining experience. Since it was our anniversary Leslie also brought us a large complimentary piece of Tiramisu cake that was decadent.The food, service, setting, and ambience was the best culinary experience for both of us. We're hoping to return before our vacation ends.

1  Thank fly24fun
Reviewed 4 December 2016

We love this place. We are slowly working through the menu and have yet to be disappointed. The lasagna is amazing as are all of the pasta dishes. Try the salmon piccata. What a surprise. The wait staff is great, especially Leslie who has a dynamite personality.

1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Very authentic Italian food. Great sausage & meatballs, made on premises. Great canolis. Good service. Friendly ambience.