“Great, great, great!”

and up
Dana Point Whale Watching and Dolphin Watching Eco-Safari
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watch with Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari in Dana Point on our high-tech sailing catamaran year round, with two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. For 20 years Captain Dave's has provided daily trips to see dolphins, up to 10,000 strong, leap and play right off our bow, plus Gray Whales (December through April), Blue Whales (May through November), and year round Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and so much more. Go underwater with whales and dolphins without getting wet during your whale watch in our Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods aboard Manute'a. Listen to dolphins during your whale watching safari with our underwater Hydrophone. Celebrity and certified naturalists make this exciting Dana Point whale watching excursion educational and entertaining too. Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple-fudge brownies make this a one-of-a-kind dolphin and whale watching adventure unforgettable. We are a real Eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. Ask about Fast Cat, our upscale Rigid Hull Inflatable Catamaran and the newest boat in our whale watching fleet.
Reviewed 26 June 2015

My family spent a week in Southern California and this was the favorite part of our trip. I would give this 6 stars if I could! We took a Thursday morning cruise and saw tons of dolphins. The underwater viewing pods are really neat. You can see and hear the dolphins swimming underwater along the bow of the boat. We also saw a giant humpback whale swimming up north. The trip is also very educational because Captain Dave has a naturalist on board to give you information on the animals you see. I definitely recommend the morning trip because there are fewer boats on the water then.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

We had the best time! My family and I went on a morning Dolphin and Whale watching trip. First of all the staff is incredibly nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions about the area and wildlife. They knew great facts about each ocean creature we saw. We found a pod a dolphins and we went down into their viewing area. It was so cool! You lay down and you are surrounded by windows under the water and the dolphins are right by you. It was awesome. We even saw a humpback whale. My family was amazed. Then at the very end when you get back to land they give you a home baked brownie. Super yummy. We would do this again.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

This was me and my grandson's first experience at Whale watching. I have to say that the trip was way more than just going out to see whales. Capt. Dave's is truly a "Safari" adventure; we stayed out on the ocean searching until we found sea animalsand we found a variety. The crew was enthusiastic, warm, and friendly. It was truly a memorable adventure!

Reviewed 18 June 2015

We saw plenty of dolphins and a few whales. We definitely plan to return during peak season for Blue Whales, which we missed this time. The staff do their best to accommodate everyone on board. First class all the way.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

This was my second time with Captain Dave's, taking family for their first time. This was an amazing experience! Our captain was so enthusiastic to find whales for us, challenging the group that if someone spotted a whale before he did they would get a prize.We found them! Several blue whale were making their way in the area, and were spotted first by a customer. (He got his prize) We stayed there for quite sometime catching sight of them breaching several times. He was great a talking us through spotting them, so we could have our cameras ready. It was spectacular! We also saw dolphins and sea lions. A very special experience. If you are a returning customer, they track your name and offer a 10% discount the second time you return and 20% thereafter. I will be back for that experience, whether I receive the discount or not!

1  Thank SonnyaD