“Excellent Seafood”
Review of Pacifica Del Mar

Pacifica Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$37 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Across the street on Camino Del Mar
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We enjoyed an excellent martini before our entree. We both ordered a seafood dish and were both very pleased. This was our second visit and we had a very enjoyable evening both times.

PacificaDelMar, Owner at Pacifica Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed both visits with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I loved this place back in the '90s, when Neil Stuart, a culinary hero of mine, was in the kitchen. Sadly, Neil has moved on, and his other two San Diego restaurants (Cafe Pacifica and Pacifica Grill) are long gone. Here, you can still find a few of Neil's signature dishes (sugar spiced salmon, kimchi crab, takoshimi) on the menu -- but one gets the impression that the place is coasting. Food is good, but not great; service is adequate, but not exceptional. The view is still outstanding, of course. But I miss Neil, and his chicken with corn salsa.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went to happy hour on a Monday to celebrate a friend’s birthday. 2 of us ordered a salmon salad. I ordered mine with the dressing on the side and the salmon well done (I don’t like it raw or barely cooked in the center.). When the salads came, mine had the dressing on the salad so I sent it back. I waited for my salad while my friends ate. When I got my new salad, I took a few bites only to discover the salmon was barely cooked in the. center. So I kept the salad but sent the salmon back to be more thoroughly cooked. I also noticed that my friend was not eating the red bell peppers on her salad. Interestingly, I didn’t get any bell peppers on mine. So, quality control and meeting special requests is not their forte. I will say that the wait staff was pleasant and did a good job of refilling water glasses. Happy hour lasts all evening on Mondays, which I believe means $2 off select entrees and discounts on some wine. Parking is validated for 2 hours.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

If you are into world class food and wine while watching an amazing sunset go no further.

Every trip to San Diego since 1986 brings me here just for the ultimate foodie experience.

Everything is fantastic and spend a few extra bucks on the Oregon Pinot. It's worth every sip.

One of my favorite places in the country.

Enjoy!!!

Hi Jeff-
Thank you for writing your kind review. We are so glad you've been coming here for so long and continue to enjoy dining with us. Great choice on the Oregon Pinot- you have great taste!! We can't wait to have you back again. Cheers

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We wanted something quick and easy and someplace with parking.....there is some underground here. We sat outside on the terrace. Soup and a sandwich filled the hole but not memorable.
It probably meets the need for something reasonably-priced in an otherwise expensive but very pretty seaside town.

Been to Pacifica Del Mar? Share your experiences!