“A Gem in the Desert!”

Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 27 June 2005

I challenge you to find any place in the world with better room service at DHS's affordable price! That alone makes this place unbelievable.

The room itself was pretty good -- a decent size with nice accomodations. The patios are terrific and it doesn't get much more "poolside" than this! Our kids had a blast in the main pool and there were several other kids playing. The adults are off in the hot tubs so there is no conflict. The water is as gorgeous and refreshing as advertised! Although the pools were active late, the noise did not bother us in our room at all. There is convenient shopping nearby if you need anything.

My wife got a massage and said it was terrific. We did go for a breakfast service that was unbearably slow, but the food was extremely good once it arrived.

We go on many weekend getaways and thus far, we consider DHS as a runaway #1 for overall resort experience!

• Stayed: June 2005
There are newer reviews for Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2005

We came to the desert to escape the cold weather of New York. The Hotel room was clean. We had a small balcony that overlooked the pool area. The pools were great each one was set at a different temperature. The fellow guest were friendly. People talk to you in the pool about everything from gardening to politic to cars. People were laid back and relaxed. We ate at the coffee shop. It wasn't that far off from a Manhattan Coffee shop (eggs, sandwiches, dinner ice cream etc.). It rain some of the days we were there. On the rainy day we went to the malls. I would have been upset if we were at once of those top dollar hotel and it rained. We bought stuff at the gift shop too (tee shirts). All and all we enjoy our stay. We are thinking of going back there in Feb 07.

• Stayed: February 2004
Reviewed 16 June 2005

This place is awful....

Rooms filthy, seedy atmosphere. One positive are the staff in the restaurant - although the food is not very nice.

The worst problem for us was the spa. I booked a foot treatment (which the lady removed from a zip lock bag and then sat me in a windowless, tiny room) and a massage. The man who gave me the massage was the strangest man I have ever met and was inappropriate to say the least.

I would not consider staying there ever again - it doesn't match up to even the worst hotel in Palm Springs, and talking to the staff of the hotel it would seem that they would agree with me!

I hate to be so negative because their prices are quite reasonable but this place really is nasty.

Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank lovelondon20
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 1 March 2005

First of all, don't expect the Hilton when you get here. It is at best an average Motel 6 for accomodations. However, most people here don't come for the rooms, they come for the pools. There are 7 of them in varying heat and sizes. The folks here were pretty quiet, considering the pools are open 24 hours. The atmosphere is great and the price is right. Additionally, if you don't want to stay here, they allow guests in for 5-7 dollars just for the day to enjoy the pools-- or for a decreased room rate for daytime stays. No nudity is allowed at the pools but my wife and I were able to lay out in our thongs without any disturbance, in fact several other guests were also in thong swimwear. The staff is friendly. This place is busy during the summer...

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2005

My daughter and I traveled to DHS for a week to visit my son at the Marine Base close by. He suggested staying at the resort, saying it was one of the nicer places in town. We had a wonderful time in spite of the giant rain we had the whole week we were at the resort. It was wonderful to sit out at the pools and relax in the rain. The resort was clean and the staff was very nice. My daughter scheduled a massage one day and she raved about it for hours. We had only one meal in the restaurant, but it was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. I only have a couple of complaints about the room. One being the lack of a coffee pot in the room. The room we stayed in did have a small refrigerator, but a room coffee pot would have been wonderful. The other complaint is about the beds. They seemed to be in need of new mattresses. The one's in our room were rather run down. All in all I would recommend the Desert Hot Springs Spa to people who are wanting to get away from the hub bub of the city and just relax and enjoy the rain or the sun.

3  Thank CLANSWAN