“Something unexpected in the foothills”
Review of Allez

Allez
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 28 August 2017

It's the Wandering Yank here. Friends recently recommended Allez! highly, and since we love to eat, especially French food, we had to try it. My birthday was the perfect excuse.

A great idea it turned out! It's small and not exactly fancy, in a old-looking building (maybe new and made to look old, I'm not sure) that's part of the charm. We arrived at 4 on a beautiful Sunday afternoon (they're open 11-8 5 days a week). The menu is surprisingly extensive - check it online. We began with a bottle of Madrona Malbec, a local winery. Most of the wines on offer are local, a nice touch. The attentive waitress recommended the rack of lamb, as it's quite popular. Mrs. Yank had that, and it was excellent! Cooked perfectly (medium-rare), 4 mustard-encrusted chops with French white beans. I had the filet mignon with bearnaise sauce. The meat was a bit bland, but the sauce was superb. We followed it up with Caesar salads, with one of the best Caesar dressings (home-made) we've ever had. And dessert - chocolate mousse and profiteroles with almond filling. Overall, an outstanding meal.

For what we had, the prices were very reasonable - the most expensive entree is $29. And the wine list was also very reasonable, both by the bottle and the glass.

2 enthusiastic thumbs up! Next time, maybe boeuf bourguignon, coq au vin, paella, cassoulet, homemade charcuterie...

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The place is very intimate and inviting; I even love sitting outside with a bottle of wine with my husband eating dinner. The dishes are not your usual but very tasty and worth your time here..

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Couldn't wait to get home to post this review!!! Know this sounds gross, but don't even want to brush my teeth----still savoring all the lovely flavorful bits! Where to start? How about the desserts we brought home because we were to full to eat them there! Chocolate mouse- out of this world! The eclair pastry with almonds, marzipan cream filling, almonds on top and crunchy caramel drizzle---oh MY!!! Don ordered the escargot. I just dipped the wonderful house made french bread into the lovely very buttery sauce......heavenly! While I like a Caesar salad, this one was really something very special! They make their own dressing, and use their wonderful french bread croutons. I couldn't eat all of mine. I'm actually thinking if I wake up during the night........I'll go finish it! Our entree for our 3 course dinner special was the pork tenderloin. The sauce was wonderful, but we thought the pork was a little tough. I know I also have difficulty finding tender pork so I didn't deduct a star for that. While I love to cook, we can't WAIT to come back. We're just very happy we're locals, and tried this wonderful restaurant thanks to Trip Advisors wonderful members awesome reviews! TA has never let me down.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Well, I had been to Allez several times for dinner. The small, intimate restaurant serves delicious food in a very friendly atmosphere. My dinner favorite is the rack of lamb, perfectly cooked...gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Many other wonderful options are available, of course.
Last week, for lunch, I tried the chicken florentine crepe . The crepe itself was perfect, and was finished with a mushroom, Carmelized onion white wine sauce. yum.
My friend loved her Cassoulet with duck, house prepared sausage and perfectly cooked beans. The portion was enough for left-over lunch the next day.
We chose not to have dessert, though the pastry chefs offerings are always delicious.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Had a few pates paired with wines at a nearby winery. So good we needed to go for a full meal. Patent and cheese plate was amazing. All entrees were unique and great too. Attentive service and reasonable prices make this the whole package.