“Pleasing all-around”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Coast Hwy
Reviewed 13 April 2016

We needed some place to eat within walking distance of the Residence Inn. My daughter and I wanted sushi, but my husband didn't. The hotel provided a list of nearby restaurants and The Boat was on there. The Tripadvisor reviews looked promising; both the sushi and the Thai food received mostly high marks. Although it was raining lightly and we could have opted for delivery, confident of its promptness according to the reviews, we instead opted to walk the half mile to the restaurant. The restaurant was thankfully low-key and the staff was welcoming, so we didn't feel out of place in our bedraggled state. Our waiter was helpful and patient as we asked a lot of questions about the expansive menu. And the food -the most important part - was fresh and delicious. I had a Rainbow Bento box. Better than anything I've eaten in our home state on the East Coast. The salmon skin roll was perfect. My husband ordered cashew chicken - something he orders every time we eat at an Asian restaurant - was the best he every had.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

At 2 PM the place was empty however they chose to sit me at the booth right at the entry door. I had Rainbow roll "bento", vegetable spring roll as an appetizer and no drink. The spring roll: prefabricated, glutinous indiscernible interior, and devoid of taste. The accompanying sauce: sweet, no heat or spice, gelatinous and and served in a near impossible to extract compartment. Salad: a pinch of big cut squares of iceberg lettuce with one limp blackening greenery that may have been arugula. Its dressing: Sweet, viscus, and having no flavor other than a hint of rice vinegar. Rainbow roll: Small, having a strong fish smell which was a surprise especially since the fish on top was transparently thin. The three paltry pieces of California roll in the box were about size of a quarter. The rice in both rolls was solid mush. Those items and a thin half slice of orange was their idea of bento. I received cursory unsmiling wait service. The only person on the floor that was personable was a kitchen worker standing in the dining room by the fish tank who smiled while stuffing his face with food. For this poor attempt at Japanese bento and appetizer I paid nearly $25.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Found this little place near the airport. It had a huge selection of Thai as wells as sushi. Don't be alarmed to its looks, I was there at night and was not quite sure what to expect. My friend ordered pad Thai and i ordered the fish. Both portions were very large and served family style.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

I call this place at least 2 times a month for delivery! Working at LAX not many options within terminals... I usually order the Crab fried Rice which is delicious!! I love that you can actually taste real crab meat in it... They do the egg over medium which is a perfect mix!!! I dined in once, and wasn't thrilled.... The place smelled mildewy.. They seemed to be understaffed as the same person who sat us, took our order, took phone orders, and served us... The food was good.. I'll probably stick to ordering for delivery...

Not the most flattering photo but I was halfway in

Reviewed 24 June 2015

I am not a sushi Fan, I went to this place with one of my friend who loves sushi. Then I tried Sushi called Fuji Volcano. It was great.. If you go after 12.00 p.m. make a reservation and go for safe..