“Gluten Free Heaven”

Shophouse Southeast Asian Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 160 Restaurants in El Segundo
Reviewed 14 June 2016

If you have to eat gluten-free you will love just going to this restaurant and ordering. ANYTHING. The whole restaurant is gluten free. It is such a pleasure to just order and not play 20 questions with the staff. The food is amazing, Thai-Vietnamese in a bowl, go along the food counter and order it just the way you want. Hot or mild, whatever. If you also eat low-carb, order it all on a bed of lettuce or do what I do and get half lettuce and half rice or noodles.

The pork/chicken meatballs are delicious, the chicken is good but the beef is always dry (with bits of rice it that make it gritty). For a veggie I adore the spicy green beans but there is broccoli and other choices. The peanut sauce is wonderful, as are the curries. The vinaigrette is strong so ask for it on the side. Add some pickled veggies and fried garlic, heavenly!

Great deal, low cost (my husband and I eat for under $20 but we don't get beverages).

Reviewed 6 May 2016

Coupons work! I got a coupon for a free bowl at Shop House and had never even heard of it- so I adventured out to try it. As I was not aware of the menu, I was a bit unsure on what to order-but it had a Chipolte style feel as you build your bowl with your server...it all seemed very simple and very quick and it is...with your server you pick rice/noodles or salad....then pick a meat or veggie tofu thing, then pick a veggie, then pick a sauce, then pick a slaw, then ad extra flavors... and pay....easy. Staff was awesome food was Ono (delish) and it was so easy and good I came back the next day and was much better prepared for what to order. Eat in or to go- serves beer too. $7.50 for a perfect portion. This is what I would call the Thai version of Chipolte. I will be back again....thank you marketing team for my "free" coupon, it helped me find a new restaurant!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

This place allows you to mix n match fresh ingredients to create the ultimate fast n fresh food... the taste is credibly good... whether its chicken balls or beef or pork ... or even the veggies with tofu , green beans, corn etc.... i like their green beans.. its charred and has good flavors... you cannot go wrong in the sauces... all of them must be tried.... its kind of Asian indulgence....

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We went here twice during our visit, and both times the food was very good. No possible issues with cross contamination made this a relaxing dining experience. What was awful, was the loud music. The music was incongruous to the cuisine, and detracted a lot from our enjoyment.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I had one of the bowls listed on the menu that was incredibly tasty. I don't have a palate for very hot and spicy food and it was on the edge for me but my husband loves hot food and he could really ramp up the heat.
You don't have to go with items described on their menu board. You can pick each component to suit your taste. Start with rice, noodles, or salad; add meat or tofu, a vegetable, a sauce, and a topper.
This is not a place with ambiance for a romantic dinner. But if you just want food that tastes really good, do give it a try.