“Decent Sandwiches in Escondido”

Agrusa's Super Sandwiches
Ranked #63 of 381 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I know I'm probably going to face some wrath, but I wasn't all that impressed. I ordered a pastrami and it was okay. It was certainly a great deal smaller than Hungry Bear, but I did like the bread and the price is good, but the pastrami, while super lean, tasted funny to me. I just didn't dig it.

The husband had a turkey sandwich and he really liked his. So, that's a good thing.

I also really wanted to try the meatball, but since you can't eat there - no seating/take out only, I knew a meatball sandwich in the car in a white shirt was super dangerous, so I went with the pastrami. When I go back, I'll definitely get the meatball.

Staff was friendly. Pepsi products in the soda fountain, unfortunately, or some canned drinks.

Overall, good experience and I'll give them another shot, just not the pastrami.

1  Thank ladyjadegd

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Who the hell closes a food establishment on the busiest day if the week Saturdays????? Unbelievable.!! Off to Qtorta the best sandwich place in town anyways.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is the kind of place that really makes you happy. The sort of place that - in these days of Subway and Quiznos and the rest - might struggle as an independent.

Have no fear. Quality shines through and the subs here are really good. Toasted and stacked full of flavour it knocks the chains out the park. I had the Agrusa's original - lots of different types of meat with veggies and mozzarella all toasted.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This is our go-to sandwich shop for the best around. Take out only. It can't be beat for taste and value. Has been around for years and the quality has never been better.

1  Thank greekgirl49
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I've been coming to Agrusa's ever since they had their San Marcos location. Since that closed down, I've been going to their Escondido location. It's a small place. It's got a counter and maybe a couple chairs. The place looks a little dingy and the location looks sketchy as well. But the sandwiches...

I always get the Agrusa's Original. Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, salami, and Italian ham with all the trimmings. The toasted bread always tears up the inside of my mouth, but it's so worth it. I just avoid eating citris for the rest of the day. I could also ask for the bread not to be toasted but it's not the same.

The prices aren't that bad for what you get.

Been to Agrusa's Super Sandwiches? Share your experiences!