“O M GOODNESS”

Agrusa's Super Sandwiches
Ranked #62 of 382 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 13 October 2014

I have been having their great toasted Turkey sub for over 40 years! They are small, family owned and have an excellent reputation for quality and value!
The roast beef "with all the trimmings" sandwich is heavenly! That is my husband's favorite!
I love the Turkey with provolone and peppercini's lightly toasted in their big oven!

Try it - you will love it. I call in my order and then take it home and have a good beer and my sandwich! Excellent end to my day!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Agrusa's for 30 years and it keeps getting better! Locals sub shop with old school customer service! A must!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I know I'm probably going to face some wrath, but I wasn't all that impressed. I ordered a pastrami and it was okay. It was certainly a great deal smaller than Hungry Bear, but I did like the bread and the price is good, but the pastrami, while super lean, tasted funny to me. I just didn't dig it.

The husband had a turkey sandwich and he really liked his. So, that's a good thing.

I also really wanted to try the meatball, but since you can't eat there - no seating/take out only, I knew a meatball sandwich in the car in a white shirt was super dangerous, so I went with the pastrami. When I go back, I'll definitely get the meatball.

Staff was friendly. Pepsi products in the soda fountain, unfortunately, or some canned drinks.

Overall, good experience and I'll give them another shot, just not the pastrami.

1  Thank ladyjadegd
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Who the hell closes a food establishment on the busiest day if the week Saturdays????? Unbelievable.!! Off to Qtorta the best sandwich place in town anyways.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is the kind of place that really makes you happy. The sort of place that - in these days of Subway and Quiznos and the rest - might struggle as an independent.

Have no fear. Quality shines through and the subs here are really good. Toasted and stacked full of flavour it knocks the chains out the park. I had the Agrusa's original - lots of different types of meat with veggies and mozzarella all toasted.