Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$119
Expedia.comUS$119
ZenHotels.comUS$124
All reviews historical hotel shirley temple piece of history lady bird johnson grand dame charming inn old town water pressure downtown eureka lost coast brewery breakfast room complimentary breakfast portraits lounge tudor president ballroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2021

This hotel was a pleasure to visit. I do wish they had updated their website to include the restaurants were completely closed. While I understand covid restrictions for dine in and such, I feel they should have expressly stated they wouldn't be open for at least take out/limited menu. Be sure to plan your own breakfast unless poptarts and coffee are good for you. LOL Again, covid has put a damper on a lot, but packaged breakfast items are easier to come by.

Now the good stuff! There is a TON to see. Every time we walked through I felt like I found something new. The staff were a pleasure. Beds were comfortable, windows open for fresh air and there is a little fridge to keep drinks/snacks cool.

We look forward to visiting this location again. Hopefully next time I'll be able to give it a full five stars. The three rating was simply due to lack of information listed on the website. But I can't express how much we enjoyed ourselves otherwise.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Recently had a pleasant stay at the Eureka Inn in downtown Eureka. While the scenery has no doubt changes, from gardens to parking lots, the building itself maintains a lot of its famous charm. I look forward to a return visit to dine in the wood lined restaurant and a stiff drink in the Palm Room once it’s open to the public.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eureka Inn, Other at Eureka Inn, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Brandon,

Thank you so much for your review!
We look forward to being able to open our facilities and providing better service for all our future guests.

Best Regards,

Front Desk

Reviewed 6 October 2020

CONS: Hotel has a lot of character including a clever way of displaying famous folks that have stayed at the hotel. Self Serve station with water, coffee and tea was available and in the middle of the lobby, so you couldnt miss it. Wifi worked well.

PROS · Staff could use some additional training specifically in the area of customer service and reading your audience. Room and hotel was clean however attention to detail was clearly missed for example coffee splatters on hallway walls, hair (from someone else) in the shower, coffee splatters on bathroom wall. Hotel looks tired and outdated (like soft goods have not been replaced since Shirley Temple or Walt Disney's visits before 1950. Parking lot immediately behind the hotel was full so we opted to park on the street. There is a parking lot directly behind the hotel (that may or may not belong to the hotel as we noticed another hotel guest had parked there as we were walking to our room) and the car was still there in the am, so assumption is they are connected. This information would have been helpful if provided at check in when I inquired about parking.

My mom loved it and thought it was cute, quaint and would be back if she is ever in the area. I however, will not be back unless it is updated. To each their own!

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank karalandrith
Reviewed 26 September 2020

We truly enjoyed our stay at this property. The hotel provided a safe very clean and comfortable environment for us. The period furniture and photographs of famous past guests provided a very nostalgic atmosphere..

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2020

I checked in after driving about 6 hours. There was no parking available so I parked and ran in and asked The front desk agent where I could park, She said, "Outside" despite her sarcasm I asked again and she said in our lot. I explained to here that it was full and she said it wasn't her problem. I drove around for about 10 minutes and finally parked in front of some business and prayed my car wouldn't get towed. At check in I asked her where is open to eat as I was coming from Oregon. She said she didn't know. Isn't some basic hospitality part of your job? She was so incredibly rude the whole time. I got into my room and the bathroom hadn't even been wiped down there was all this sticky stuff on the bathroom counter and the sink had toothpaste in it. I called down she didn't care. I finally left this rude place and I realized I forgot my pillow.Housekeeping didn't put the room number on my pillow like they are supposed to so it took forever to find it. At this point I thought the manager should know. I have sent 6 emails to the manager and called 7 times and the manager won't call or email me back and I still don't have my pillow that is for my neck after surgery. It has been over a month and the manager still has not gotten back to me. Might as well have stayed at a super 8 or something similar. I thought I was going to a nice hotel. I will never go back it was awful.

Room tip: find another hotel
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank N7268TRdanielleg
Eureka Inn, Other at Eureka Inn, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for your feedback, we tried very hard to work with you on getting back your pillow but you were unwilling to cooperate with us. We provided you with parking and dining information at your check-in but unfortunately you were very rude to our front desk staff. During your stay with us we did not receive any calls from you about the cleanliness of your room and only received at complaint at check out about your check in experience.

We know the importance of good customer service and wanted to rectify if our front desk agent was behaving inappropriately during your check-in. Many guests in our lobby that viewed your check - in unfortunately stated that you were behaving rudely to our front desk and were unwilling to listen. We are still waiting for your email back with shipping information to send back your pillow.