“Authentic Indian food simmers with soul”
Review of Cafe Lotus

Cafe Lotus
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This wonderful group of Indian men lovingly prepare their traditional family recipes to share with our lucky town. Mistress of Spices, the steams, delicious scents and flavors will envelope you upon entering their tiny but gracious restaurant and the sorcerers behind the counter deftly prepare magical meals which are rich and clean at the same time. Their vegetarian offerings must have been approved by the heavens themselves, they are divine and so nourishing. Must try: their Mushroom tikki Masala - a bucket list item bar none, this gives permission to even the most serious carnivores to consider delicious alternatives.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Third visit here in two months. Super nice staff with excellent Indian Cuisine! My favs thus far are Butter Chicken and Onion Naan.

2  Thank happycamper1202
Reviewed 14 November 2015

We loved the Indian food at Cafe Lotus. The portions were large, the service was good, and the wine list is excellent! Will definitely go back when we are in Fairfax.

1  Thank Judith H
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

It's very popular for take away, but it's also good for a sit down meal as long as you don't mind it being a bit close. We like it because it has nice menu of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I had passed by Cafe Lotus many times while driving to Pt. Reyes National Seashore and was intrigued by their sign advertising organic Indian food. My wife and I finally stopped after our most recent visit to Pt. Reyes, and we were exceedingly pleased with the decision. The food is outstanding, and I may boldly say it is the best Indian food I have experienced in the Bay Area. My impression is that the restaurant places emphasis on high-quality ingredients, which was reflected in every item we ordered from the chai tea to the curries. We were also pleased with the explicit listing of gluten-free items, since my wife is gluten intolerant. Aside from the food, we enjoyed the cozy restaurant space. There is an outdoor patio area in the back, which offers a pleasant alternative to sitting in the limited indoor dining area.