“Great curry, lovely service”
Review of Bangkokian

Bangkokian
Ranked #62 of 241 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 22 May 2016

This is a lovely place in Fairfield.
I loved the art on the walls. The friendly servers, and the lunch menu, of course. I've been here twice and both visits served up delicious red curry. I got mine extra spicy, that is just a Belizean thing I suppose, and white rice.
Of course, I couldn't leave without a cool Thai iced tea. And.. of course, on my second visit with friends, surely two desserts, which we shared.
Fried Banana, and then some puff pastry-like pockets. I admit, I over-did it, but it was well worth it.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

We ate lunch at Bangkokian Thai Restaurant this past week and found that they are under new ownership. The food was tasty and very good. They have done a great job in remodeling the restaurant to give it a nicer feel. Our server (Pam) was so accomodating and thus the service was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly return for more good dining!!

Reviewed 15 January 2015

Our first time here and we stopped in for dinner. It's a small restaurant tucked in a shopping area behind McDonalds, so you have to be looking for it.

They were fairly busy during our visit with dine-in and take our orders. We started with their calamari appetizer, which was very good. I would go back just for that appetizer. Husband had the special of BBQ Pork with garlic rice. The pork was nice, but the garlic was dry and disappointing. I had the sweet thai basil with beef and jasmine rice. The vegs were perfectly prepared but the dish was overwhelmed by the garlic and I love garlic. I have to say that our server was very friendly and prompt.

Overall, despite the heavy garlic and dry garlic rice our meals were okay. We would definitely go back for the calamari appetizer, and "maybe" we'd try something else on the menu and hope that the garlic would not overwhelm the food.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is my absolute fav Thai place in the Bay! Would eat there often with the work crew.

Around $8 during lunch but huge portions. My fav is the Mango a Tango Fried Rice Beef with Shrimp and the Mango on the side. Haven't had it in awhile but will make a trip up there just for that! My mouth is like watering right now...maybe tomorrow.

I've also had the Seafood Combo which is fish, shrimp, squid, and vegetables (I think). It's in a light broth so it's great when you want to eat a little lighter. Since it's all seafood it us a little more expensive than the rice.

Try this place. It's is an easy to find location (McDonalds parking lot - across from Travis CU). You shouldn't be disappointed!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant when we took a wrong turn. Best mistake we ever made. Had a quick and tasty lunch. I shared the shrimp rolls and had the chicken pad ginger. My friend had the chicken pad garlic and pepper. I enjoyed my meal more because it wasn't overly spicy. Very fresh veggies, cut into interesting shapes. Our lunch came with complimentary soup, too. We'll be back!