“Better off going to Safeway next door”
Review of Mountain Roastings

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mountain Roastings
Ranked #15 of 20 Restaurants in Felton
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Coffee is a tricky thing. There are so many coffee houses to choose from that you either need to have REALLY good coffee (beans, roasters, etc) or have REALLY good customer service. Either way, you need to stand out somehow to keep up with the competition.

One thing you can't do, is serve sub-par espresso, with snobby service and that is unfortunately something my fiancé and I experienced today.

We're visiting from Seattle so we know a good bean when we taste one. We also know how everyone else within the friendly town of Felton has treated us; VERY kindly!

The gentleman serving us today was what we are used to in high-end, big city roasteries; pretentiousness. But they usually meet that with delicious coffee. Not this man.

All in all, we won't be back. $3.00 americano (using beans that tasted bitter and burnt), not accepting debit cards, and boujee customer service (using the word in such a low end establishment makes me chuckle a little bit), all contribute to us not returning when we come back next year.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I like this place, always tasty Latte, good home made whip cream on my kid's hot chocolate. I am not a big breakfast person, but decent selection of bagels and toppings. Prices are ok. Service can be a bit slow in the morning, but just because many people stop by on their way to work. I am very patient, so it is not big deal. Will go there again, and again, and...

Reviewed 21 August 2015

I have stopped in here a few times for coffee, tea and snacks. The coffee and tea is good, but the atmosphere of the restaurant isn't pleasant enough to get me to stay.

There's a sofa sitting area in the back of the restaurant and some tables up front. The menu is typical for a coffee shop--lots of specialty drinks and some bakery items. I saw some other lunch items in a refrigerated case by the register.

Service is minimal. My order was taken, but little was said to me.