“Outdated and Overated”

Arbel Guest House Shavit Family
Ranked #1 of 2 Arbel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We came three families with children for three nights stay.
The owners Sarah and Israel and their son Gefen were welcoming, pleasant and well intended.

The overall atmosphere is relaxed, child friendly and yet it's a kind of a place which is more like a vacation rental, with minimal service and no house keeping!!!

We could use the grounds as we pleased. The pool was open till midnight, the kids could go into the lobby and get cookies and lemonade and we used the BBQ outside. We ordered one breakfast for extra charge, which was tasty. Some of us are vegetarians so we could not enjoy the restaurant.

Having said that, for 300$ a night not including any meals in a guesthouse that is probably 40 years old, with only the upper floor somewhat renovated, we would not classify that as an attractive deal.

We started downstairs in a room #2 that should not be rented. You can see the pictures of the stained bathtub and old furniture and the minimal kitchenette. We relocated upstairs to room 4 which was renovated but the jacuzzi was not functional. All the kitchenettes and rooms were minimally outfitted and on Saturday night when we needed assistance there was no one.

This is very unfortunate because the place has a great potential and the people are very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Following an intensive search for a place to stay with my wife and two children I came across these rooms and decided to take a chance on it. Initially the drive up here I thought oh no what did I get myself into but once we arrived we realized it was a pleasant family retreat. We arrived around 7:45 PM and although they do have a kitchen it had been closed for a while but they reopened it and made us some wonderful omelette sandwiches. My kids first balked at the idea but once they sunk their teeth into it they wanted to order a second one! The rooms for cozy outfitted in a farm style room. Each room had air-conditioning which was nice and outside in the gardens and the pool is a lovely place to kick back and read or just relax. Got up in the morning around 8:30 AM went outside and sat by the pool and then went into breakfast which was a beautiful blend of different types of tastes from cucumbers and tomatoes to homemade bread as well as Pita and fresh juice. A great place to stay and explore the area around the sea of Gallilee. The Shavit family is very accommodating. The beds were very comfortable and the room is quiet.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The rooms are beautiful and clean. The food is great--we had a wonderful dinner and breakfast. It's family-owned, it's clean, friendly, and quiet. Just really, really nice. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be in the north, but not in Tiberias itself.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

As a travel writer and person that travels the world I never like to post a poor review. This couple is lovely and I'm sure they have worked very hard for many years to provide a wonderful experience for their guests. Let me start off by saying that the food is excellent and plentiful!!! Now for the bad news. The property is dated, in farmland and we had to deal with many ants in our room, cockroaches in the bathroom and hungry cats foraging for food. I'm a country girl so I can deal with this, however, we left for the day and locked our room. I was told no one would be entering our room while we were gone as I had the key. I've never done this, but I left my purse in the room with money in it and took only the small amount I needed. I knew exactly how much was in my wallet counting it just before I left. When I returned to the room at the end of the day I realized there were fresh towels on the bed so I immediately checked my wallet. You got it (clever, but not unnoticed) half of my money was missing. I think whoever decided to dip into my wallet thought that if they left some I wouldn't notice. When my traveling companion brought this to the attention of the owner she simply said that only 2 people can enter my room and one is her and the housekeeper who she has known for years. If she had apologized for the incident and offered to do something to make it right I would not be writing this review. I've never had this happen. I must admit it left me feeling extremely violated so I would never return to this property, or recommend it. :(

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelwithFemina
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The Shavit Family Guest House in Arbel is the perfect respite away from the city. Tiberius is just 15 minutes away but what a tranquil place this is. Beautiful Gardens, Wonderful Pool, Wine and Chocolate Cellar, Great Restaurant, Woderful Staff (The Shavit Family) and on and on. This is a great place to come back to after aday of touring. Breakfast is outstanding as well as Dinner.When in Tiberius, take the short drive to Arbel and enjoy the Shavit Family's Hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbel
5.1 km away
7.7 km away
Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
#10 of 39 in Tiberias

Been to Arbel Guest House Shavit Family? Share your experiences!