“Unexpectedly Good Food Given Its Name - But NOT PERFECT!”

Canneti Roadhouse Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Canneti Roadhouse Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Forestville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Canneti Roadhouse Italiana offers a modern Italian menu and a traditional Tuscan tasting menu with or without Tuscan wine pairing. Wednesdays we offer corkage free and locals night on Thursdays with a prefixed three course meal alongside the regular menu. Outdoor seating and grill-bar in a romantic and quiet back garden during the warm season.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Overall I was pleased with my first dining experience at this restaurant serving up creative Italian inspired food By Owner chef Torre. With a superb wine list and a menu where all the seasonal menu selections read delicious. And for the most part the food eaten by my party of four adults was very good.

However, I found an inconsistency in the portions and accompaniments between the plated selections we had chosen given the prices charged for each selection.

The Tuscan bean and faro soup we enjoyed as a starter was truly outstanding with a delicious texture and flavor with a pronounced but not overpowering taste of rosemary. One of the most delicious soups I have eaten.

The Trout with saffron risotto cake and chanterelle mushrooms was the winner of all the entrees we tasted. The portion was ample, the risotto cake unexpectedly crisp and tasty and the mushrooms flavorful, but the trout which was artfully rolled , I found too dry to be enjoyed.

The pork three ways was an ample portion of locally raised pig prepared three ways. All three preparations were liked but the start plate as with all the three entrees we ordered were missing vegetables.

The third entree we tried was Halibut three ways which was a disaster. Out came came a wood board with three small 3" inch diameter bowls with about a tablespoon in each of halibut prepared in three ways and resting on top of a mound of sauce. One small ramekin of an accompaniment was artfully placed on one corner of the board. First for the over $20. price tag for this entree it was embarrassingly little as compared to the other two entree portions mentioned above. However, the most unpleasant experience was trying to eat from each small bowl with a knife and fork. The bowls were tippy and the contents of one flew out of the bowl onto the lap of my companion who was eating it. When we politely critiqued the bowls to the waitress she said bowls are the only way this entree could be prepared. I guess Chef Torre did not find it necessary to take the time to find a proper plate for his creation. One trip to Sur La Table or Safeway would have offered him an option of a divided oblong plate with a flat bottom.

Defiantly missing was the presence of vegetables on the selections we experienced.

For desert we shared a Torre family recipe of cannoli on a date paste which was outstanding.

Excellent service and beautiful presentation on the plate, but not sure I would go again to spend "fine dining" bucks given what I described above.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Our dinner started off well. It was a warm summer evening, and we were encouraged to eat on the patio. The fresh focaccia was excellent. The salad of greens with preserved lemon and gorgonzola was also excellent. Or server was attentive. After an hour our 2 orders of pasta arrived, luke warm. The green corkscrew pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil (which was absent) was tasteless. The pasta of "fake sugo" was better, but not great. My primary complaint was that the smoke from the outdoor grill was not vented, so all evening we were bathed in heavy wood smoke. My clothing wreaks of smoke, as do I. Not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We had lunch here with small children. I do not agree with the raving previous reviews.
Service was very friendly, yet so slow. There was just one other couple in the restaurant, yet the food took forever. With two small hungry children at the table I would have expected kitchen to produce food a bit quicker.
The appetizer was great, the pizzas were like crackers, we did not enjoy them.
My wife's pasta with smoked meat was so heavy and so super smoky that it was not enjoyable either.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Canneti Roadside Italiana was so understaffed that it made the dining experience very disappointing. The salads were served before the appetizers and bread. We had to leave the table and track down our busy waitress to get our bottle of wine. The food was excellent but, all agreed, we wouldn't return based on the slow service.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Canneti's is just plain terrific: careful attention to ingredients & cooking (especially the signature pasta dishes) makes this place worth a detour. While all of Forestville is pretty charming, Canneti's rustic outdoor patio for lunch is special. I had the carbonara pasta and went crazy over the sauce and perfectly cooked pasta.