“A Little Jazz and Tasty Pasta”
Review of Cucina Verona

Cucina Verona
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2015

The food was excellent and the mellow two-piece jazz combo made the evening very enjoyable. We had fish Italian style and a generous vegetable pasta. The service sagged a bit but we got a table without a reservation.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

It was 30 minutes before anyone acknowledged our presence. We had to ask for our salads after we had waited another 20 minutes. The entrée came another 15 or so minutes after that.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

This restaurant is one of my favorites here on the coast for all meals. Had a lovely breakfast with a friend here, the eggs were perfect and the potatoes were yummy. Often eat lunch here, my fave is the eggplant parmigiana. The salads are also delicious.
My parents and I had fresh live Maine lobster here on New Year's eve and it was one of the best lobster in my life. It was served with fabric bibs, a side of garlic potatoes and asparagus. They offer a family style meal every Tuesday night for an affordable $15 adults, $6 for kids including their choice of a tasty entree and a starter dish. Chef Joe and Kathleen have really made this place a special place to eat.

1  Thank DeirdreLamb
Reviewed 2 April 2015

We had a great dinner here. My steak was delicious cooked perfectly with a yummy wine reduction sauce, creamy garlic mashed potatoes and spring vegetables. They also made the best Cesar salad that I have had in years! My mom had the seafood cioppino which she said was delicious as was her green salad. There was a piano player that played nice background music. The dinner was upscale but people were dressed both in jeans and in more formal attire. If we had been staying for a week, I'm sure we would have been back for a second night.

1  Thank SAS8721
Reviewed 1 April 2015

My husband picked Cucina Verona, and he picked a total winner. Even driving up, we loved it from the outside. The welcome was warm, we were ushered right to our table, and the wait staff were attentive. They told us the specials, and what wasn't available that night. I knew right away what I wanted - the Scallops; they were served over a seafood risotto. They sounded wonderful on the menu, and when they arrived, they were sublime. Only five scallops, but large scallops, pan seared in brown butter, rich and satisfying. The risotto was rich and creamy, with marscapone, crab, prawns and an intriguing mix that kept me taking bite after bite trying to deconstruct the chef's magic. The salad preceding was the spinach, oh my, pancetta and spinach sauteed with garlic in a wonderful oil, again, magic in the mouth. One of the best and most memorable meals I have eaten. Even the bread was stellar, soft on the inside with a great crunch on the crust, served with an olive oil that was a treat in itself. I wish I lived in Fort Bragg and could eat there often!

1  Thank Intlxpatr