“yummy pasta”
Review of Luna Trattoria - MOVED

Luna Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 June 2017

delicious pasta and serving size is big. good to order to share if you are not a big eater. can be quite packed and busy.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Don't let the eclectic decor stop you (as another reviewer noted). We had a lovely salad that was easily split for two with grilled portobello, polenta, mozzarella and lettuce in a nice dressing. Followed by homemade pasta. The mushroom ravioli was exquisite. Nice wine selections and great service. We'll be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is off the main drag and unassuming from the outside, but the food is absolutely delicious and the wait staff are attentive and helpful. It was a very busy Saturday, holiday weekend, evening but they made sure that everyone that came in the door didn't have to wait too long to be seated. I ate at the bar as I was on my own and the bruschetta combo followed by "Today's Special" mushroom ravioli was truly delicious. I live in San Francisco's Italian North Beach neighbourhood, and this restaurant is up there with the best, or better! I wanted to return the next day to try more items, and especially the tiramisu, but unfortunately it is closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

When we first walked in, the restaurant looked like a Mexican food restaurant that had been converted to a bar, but with some Italian restaurant touches. There's not much ambiance. However, the food was pretty good. They were out of lasagna which surprised me as it was only about 5pm or 6pm in the evening. My wife had pasta and said it was good. I had soup and salad. Average. Their house honey mustard salad dressing was fantastic. They should bottle that stuff. Service was polite and friendly. If they could change the atmosphere and spice the food a little more, they'd have a sure-fire hit. Not a bad place, though.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We headed to Luna Trattoria somewhat by accident when we couldn't get reservations at the place we'd expected to visit. Not only was the place quaint be very friendly, the food was excellent. Both meals we had were very good. The Carbonara was one of the best I've ever had. I also had the Penna Cotta (flan) desert. It was superb. I would strongly recommend this hidden gem to all.