TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City(Foster City)(Great Value!)
US$165
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$187
US$179
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$166
ExtendedStay
US$273
US$249
GardenInn.com
US$189
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
US$110
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores(Belmont)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$194
All reviewsexecutive towerairport shuttlebusiness stayroom servicerooms are nicesfoihggymbeddingonsite
Reviewed 19 May 2017

My wife and I spent 7 days/nights at this hotel on a recent trip to visit our daughter and son-in-law who have just had their first child. Conveniently situated, it took us all of 4 mins to get Uber cabs to collect us and take us wherever we wanted to go. Check-In was smooth. Room was 23xx in separate Executive Tower, a short stroll away. Room was spacious, well equipped bathroom with shower in bath. It was powerful and did the job. Bed was king-size and very comfortable. We slept well. Only problem was the fact that you could hear the loo (being used) and flushing in the room above. Bad design and irritating. Rooms were well cleaned every day. Oh, and the air-con unit was old and too loud. Buffet Breakfast was complementary on 7th floor. It was ok - all we really needed. Fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, juice, tea & coffee, toast, scrambled egg, bacon and sausages. Considering I didn't book a room with a Meal Plan, it was more than adequate. We were given free vouchers for Sat & Sun to go to the Cafe Florian in the main building where there was professional service, more choice & a fresh omlette/eggs station. Once problem was that the Sunday happened to be Mothers Day and so we were sent to a Bar Area where the food was 2nd class and service poor. A couple alongside us complained and we jumped on the band-wagon. The upshot was a visit from Tyrone, the Food & Beverages Manager who apologised, sorted out our food (we were permitted to order off the set menu) and then extended our vouchers for the next two days so that we could enjoy a better breakfast experience back at The Cafe Florian. He was very professional and we appreciated that and there was no charges for any food on our bill. The hotel seems to have a huge, free car park and also a Spa with a swimming pool which we didn't get to use. All in all, a comfortable stay in the heart of Foster City but next visit we might just be tempted to try the all-new Marriott Towneplace Suites (San Mateo) just across the way and opening in June 2017.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Henry,
I'm glad overall you enjoyed you stay, and that someone from our management team was able to recover a less than exemplary experience. I appreciate you taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, and we will take everything you said into consideration as we continue the updates within our hotel. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy our pool the next time you're in town. Cheers!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Full service. Has a gym and a few restaurants. Shower heads are shoulder high and the tubs are made of a flimsy plastic so they feel like they are going to collapse under you. Temperature control in my room never works and it took quite some time for the hot water to come up.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Harris, I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. You're right, we are a full service hotel with free parking, free wifi, fitness and business center, swimming pool, a sushi restaurant, and a bar featuring several large screen TVs with a daily happy hour 4-6pm: wines, draft beer, cocktails, and appetizers.

We've dispatched our engineering department to look into your room as our shower heads should all be of standard height per Crowne Plaza corporate standards, as well as the tubs being of a non-plastic, and durable material. We are in the midst of renovating our AC units, as well as our water heating system.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 650-295-6154 or tyrone@cpfcc.com.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

The room says it is non-smoking room, but as soon as I walk in, there is a nasty smokey smell to it. The window cannot be opened, so I had to live with the smell. Luckily, I was their just for one night, I left in the morning as soon as possible.
The facility seems dated. The big lobby with water fall looks like in picture, but is noisy and shows its age. But I do not know any other places in San Mateo area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Sandy,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Crowne Plaza FOSTER CITY-SAN MATEO.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. You are correct, our rooms are non-smoking. It is our culture here to accommodate and create the most comfortable experience possible, please reach out to us immediately for any issues you incur here at our hotel so that we may resolve and turn your experience around instead of having to "live with the smell." We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business. For a place that charges $320 a night for a midweek stay, I'd expect a much nicer hotel. I didn't eat here or use any of the provided services, so I cannot comment on them.

The room felt outdated with the musty carpet. Everything just felt a bit dirty, but I guess that is a problem with most hotels. I had to interact with the staff a few times and they were all great.

As for the local area, there are a lot of places to eat or shop nearby. Walking around the area is easy or you can get an Uber pretty quickly.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Smm, I'm glad that your interactions with our staff was great. As for the local area, we do have BridgePointe shopping center within walking distance, and a daily shuttle that goes there and back. In addition to being an area to walk around easily, we have a free shuttle that heads to the airport every hour where you can connect to Bart and enjoy San Francisco. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy our restaurants such as our Sushi restaurant, or Clubhouse Bistro that has several large screens for sports entertainment. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy our free business center, fitness center, or swimming pool and Jacuzzi during your next stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This Hotel is phenomenal! It is situated in an upscale area, Foster City with easy dining and shopping options within walking distance at the Bridgepointe Shopping Center. The Hotel has wonderful dining as well, with a great breakfast buffet at a super reasonable price $9.99. The Hotel staff couldn't be more welcoming. My 2 year old grandson had a cold and wasn't feeling well. The Hotel checked us in well in advance so that he could get some much needed rest. The front desk and restaurant staff continued to check on his welfare and pampered him during the entire stay. He loved looking at the beautiful waterfalls and running streams in the hotel and had fun checking out the pool and the well-stocked gift store. The Hotel is a convenient stop for airline personnel as it is close to SFO. All of the airline personnel staying at the Hotel appeared happy to be at this locale and I could definitely see why - the Hotel goes out of there way to accommodate all of their travelers. I don't think I've ever had as relaxing a time as I had during my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you so much for such stunning review! I am overjoyed you noticed our culture of going above and beyond in guest accommodations. With life being so busy, especially for travelers, our goal is to create an environment of peace, relaxation, and to help them forget the hustle and bustle--"beautiful waterfalls and running streams" take part in that. We also offer a free shuttle to and from the San Francisco Airport. Oh, we also offer a free shuttle to Bridgepointe Shopping Center too =)