Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo
TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City(Foster City)(Great Value!)
US$156
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

Courtyard by Marriott San Mateo Foster City(Foster City)(Great Value!)
US$139
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$257/night.

US$138
ExtendedStay
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$159
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$139
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
US$150
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

All reviewsexecutive towerairport shuttlebusiness stayroom servicerooms are niceupon checksfolobbyihgbeddingcalifornia
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

What a comfy bed, too bad I couldn't enjoy it until after 1:30am each night. Buyer beware this hotel host a nightclub on Friday and Saturday night. The music radiates through your room even on the 4th floor. I have been told by Bowen the night manager that since my room was part of a "wedding block" I was automatically put in the tower over the night club. I was not given a choice, I guess every guest of the wedding is expected to go clubbing until 1:30am. And even if you're not part of the wedding you will be part of the club.

Keep in mind this was after I called on my first night to complain about the noise and was told by the lady working the front desk, "ma'am I just got to work, it's not my fault you weren't aware of the night club, I have another customer so I'll have to call you back". To date I have not gotten a call back, but I know she's working tonight because she just transferred me to Bowen.

Please note Bowen has just offered to move me to the "executive tower" at 11:36 pm and I have 5:30am flight. At this point it's not worth waking the baby I just got to sleep and moving luggage, this will result in the same lack of sleep I will get by staying in room 461. This is in addition to the kids playing on the elevators and running the floors. As someone who travels 3 weeks a month, this and other IHG properties will not be my first pick.

I really thought I would have great things to say about this hotel as I was greeted with cheer, thanked for my loyalty and when my moms air conditioner wasn't working, they sent someone to fix it in less than 5 mins. Unfortunately all of this is over shadowed by the lack of sleep, lack of concern by night staff ,cheap shower fixtures and tired decor.

Call it what you want.... there's nothing like paying hundreds of dollars to sleep above a nightclub. --- I can't wait to check out in 4 hrs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hello SBFL2014,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo CA. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because you were not able to rest because of the noise from the night club.

IHG values your experience. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I loved the high quality bed and bedding, especially the pillows which were soft but firm at the same time. The check in was smooth and quick, gym was 24 hours, and the airport shuttle, though infrequent, the driver was friendly and helpful. The hotel location is good too, walking distance from a number of establishments including soon to open Panera bread. The hotel itself is a bit old but maintained well, you don't feel it's age in the rooms. Will stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Just spent one night before a long haul flight. Picked this hotel because of shopping options nearby. Location is pretty nice and as expected shopping options are great. Hotel is nice overall. Excellent breakfast, clean and spacious room, very friendly staff. Gym facilities is very small but good enough for a quick workout. As other Crowne Plaza hotels's it provides a running trails around for a nice outside running (I love this). Shuttle bus to airport departs every hour accurately. Room is very nice with amenities such as coffee pot, small fridge, separates loving room and a balcony. I will definitely come back to this property.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Let me first start off by saying, the quality of staff and personnel was A+, everyone i encountered from the front desk employees, to the cooks at the buffet and security staff were very pleasant, attentive and friendly! The hotel was clean collectively, my room was clean, which always settles a busy travelling guest, i had a cozy comfy king size bed, the A/C unit worked good,fridge freezer and microwave all worked and were in good condition..this hotel is positioned by the freeway and is surrounded by a several restaurants..i have no complaints :)

Room Tip: higher is better, i got a good view of everything from my room!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidK27
Reviewed 19 May 2017

My wife and I spent 7 days/nights at this hotel on a recent trip to visit our daughter and son-in-law who have just had their first child. Conveniently situated, it took us all of 4 mins to get Uber cabs to collect us and take us wherever we wanted to go. Check-In was smooth. Room was 23xx in separate Executive Tower, a short stroll away. Room was spacious, well equipped bathroom with shower in bath. It was powerful and did the job. Bed was king-size and very comfortable. We slept well. Only problem was the fact that you could hear the loo (being used) and flushing in the room above. Bad design and irritating. Rooms were well cleaned every day. Oh, and the air-con unit was old and too loud. Buffet Breakfast was complementary on 7th floor. It was ok - all we really needed. Fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, juice, tea & coffee, toast, scrambled egg, bacon and sausages. Considering I didn't book a room with a Meal Plan, it was more than adequate. We were given free vouchers for Sat & Sun to go to the Cafe Florian in the main building where there was professional service, more choice & a fresh omlette/eggs station. Once problem was that the Sunday happened to be Mothers Day and so we were sent to a Bar Area where the food was 2nd class and service poor. A couple alongside us complained and we jumped on the band-wagon. The upshot was a visit from Tyrone, the Food & Beverages Manager who apologised, sorted out our food (we were permitted to order off the set menu) and then extended our vouchers for the next two days so that we could enjoy a better breakfast experience back at The Cafe Florian. He was very professional and we appreciated that and there was no charges for any food on our bill. The hotel seems to have a huge, free car park and also a Spa with a swimming pool which we didn't get to use. All in all, a comfortable stay in the heart of Foster City but next visit we might just be tempted to try the all-new Marriott Towneplace Suites (San Mateo) just across the way and opening in June 2017.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaFC, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Henry,
I'm glad overall you enjoyed you stay, and that someone from our management team was able to recover a less than exemplary experience. I appreciate you taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, and we will take everything you said into consideration as we continue the updates within our hotel. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy our pool the next time you're in town. Cheers!