“We always love Mimi's”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #53 of 188 Restaurants in Fountain Valley
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

I think it's terrific to have a mixed blend red glass of wine & the delicious Brie to share. The glass of wine is only $5.00!! My husband had a mushroom Brie burger/DELICIOUS... We usually enjoy the Famous French Onion soup.. But not today. The servers are always the best!!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

We have been going to Mimi's Cafe for years and years and loved going. Some years back they sold the restaurant chain, that's when the food changed. I am sad to say not for the better. Their food lacked the great favor and care that went to making their signature dishes like slow cooked pot roast. Also we recently had breakfast there. They brought my pancakes with margarine. Nobody does that nowadays! Margarine is one of the worst things to eat, flies don't even land on it. I asked them straight out, is this margarine, and they told me, that they don't use butter on their pancakes. What kind of French restaurant doesn't use butter? I heard that they had all the recipes from the original restaurant and choose not to use them. BIG MISTAKE! Just like the saying goes, "if it's not broke don't fix it". They are trying to do better with coupon but everytime I go back I am disappointed. On the rating of one through five, I give them a two and a half, I think they are below average, I am sad to say.

1  Thank Vivian Z
Reviewed 19 April 2016

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at Mimi's Café after Sunday Church Service. Even though they were quite busy, we were seated after a fifteen minute wait. Service was prompt. Food prepared to our request.

Excellent Sunday lunch dining for us!

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I don't know if the cooks have changed but we were not impressed by the quality of food. The French onion soup was lukewarm and the cheese was not melted at all. The hamburger was dry.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

I had a nice glass of house wine with a delicious spinach quiche with salad. The food was excellent. The service was great. I would go back again.