“Amazing amazing amazing ”

Benbow Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Garberville
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We were guest at the inn staying in the Garden Cottage and were very excited to meet friends at the Inns restaurant. Our friends had been here many times, this was our first. Upon entering the most grand dining room suitable for this beautiful inn we were seated a a great table set for four. We were greeted quickly by our server (Jamie) who was helpful in explaining everything including suggesting a couple appetizers that were only the beginning of what turned out to be one of the very best meals we have ever had. Orchestrated by world class Chef Kevin Kathman. Who will bring travelers and visitors
From all over to experience a truly memorable
Meal. Presentation was amazing. The entrees
Are matched perfectly with item that only a Chef of this caliber could pull off! Our guest this evening are Garberville residents and have been most of there lives. They are well traveled and foodies. New York and San Francisco being a couple of there favorite places. From the appetizers all through the meal including dessert our guest explained to us that this restaurant had lost its grand luster long ago. And that there meals here in the past were not memorable at all! However
Our meal last night was mind blowing to them as well as us. They cannot wait to share this experience. We all believe that Binbow Inn is truly missing out promoting Chef Kathman and his staff anyway they can. To us, this is an injustice to what he brings to the Inn. There is nothing on the Inns internet site at all, show casing this most spectacular Chef. People DO NOT miss out on the beautiful Binbow Inn and now quite possibly a world class restaurant.

1  Thank Clarjoe

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We called to make reservations and were told no pet rooms, we made a reservation online and upon arrival there was a pet room.....we made reservations for dinner....our second stop on the PCH trip. Our waitress was obviously not a fan of the new chef and didn’t know the specials for the night. We ended up paying a corking fee and drinking our own wines, paired with an excellent cheese board and dinner....ribeye and salmon! We will be back, the hostess and other waiter were amazing and the hotel and restaurant are also amazing!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

OK so given the classiness of this hotel and its ambiance, would you expect anything less from the their kitchen? Great breakfast, best breakfast for miles around.

1  Thank belliesq
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

As my wife and I were on our first motorhome home trip, we decided to stay at the Benbow KOA. Seeing the beautiful building just an eye shot away, we had to stop by. First, we went for breakfast/brunch. That was much more simple of a dining experience, but delicious none the less. Being super accessible, we decided to eat dinner the next night. I would first like to complement our waiter, Jamie. I am unsure if he was trained that way or just that thorough, but he was a knowledgeable about the menu as any chef I have ever known. He knew everything about the menu. Such as how it’s prepared, where the process originated, and just an overall understanding of all the dishes the chef had on the menu. He quite literally convinced me to try the duck confit. While I have had duck before, my previous encounters had been ok at best. He had mentioned it is a smaller plate and offered a second duck leg. Being hesitant to get the duck, I declined. What a mistake that was!! It was one of best meals I have ever had! My first bite, I actually said “what??”.. I was completely surprised how delicious it was. Every bite I kept thinking to myself, “this will be the part I don’t like.”, and every bite I was more upset that I didn’t get that second leg! If only I lived closer!!

I highly recommend the Benbow Inn restaurant. Give my complements to the chef, Jamie, and the entire staff. Great work!! I will look forward to visiting again and seeing the completed remodel!!

1  Thank JoeyDen
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We have been going to the Benbow Inn Restaurant for over 30 years, and our last visit was as good and possibly better than the first! The wait staff has changed considerably of course, but the service has always been above average. But the food, Wow! We stayed 2 nights for our 30th Anniversary and ate Brunch and Dinner there both nights. I can honestly say it was all wonderful! Every meal was a delight both the amazing culinary expertise and the presentations were a true pleasure to enjoy! The fact is I can't find enough adjectives to convey my pleasure! Go and enjoy this gem!