“Fabulous kids suite, but.....”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2011

The kids suites were 50% off and we decided to take advantage of the kids having a separate room with bunk beds. The room was amazing with huge TV's in the master bedroom and in the kid's room. The bunk beds were spacious. The room had a fridge and a microwave, was beautifully decorated with views for miles....we loved it!
The only problem was that on the Friday and Saturday night our room in the North tower could hear the music thumping away until midnight from the Hyatt ballroom ten floors below. It was very, very loud, especially so in the kids room. The first night we were so tired from travelling that we almost didn't care about the music. The second night was annoying, but thankfully the third night there was no event and we had a quiet night.

My advice is if you get a kid's suite make sure it isn't one on the north tower directly above the ballroom. In every other way, I can't recommend this hotel enough - it has been refurbished and looks amazing.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the ballroom!
4  Thank SanBC1
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2011

First of all, thank you for giving us such a great rating! We are sorry for the disturbance that the event in our ballroom caused you, however we are happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the other aspects of your stay. We hope you will come back and see us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,669)

Reviewed 7 April 2011

First, this isn't a bad hotel at all. We were just misled a few times and it left a bad taste in my mouth so I wanted to let others know.
I booked the Kids Suite. This is not the same as the Family Suite, which I thought I was booking. The pictures make you think you are getting a different room then you get. I thought we had 2 bathrooms and a living area. I also thought the kids side of the room had windows. It didn't have any of that. I even made sure that we got the right room at the front desk and the lady said we did and that "it happens all the time." Maybe they need to change how they are marketing it then. Not that it was a bad room at all, just didn't get what I thought I was getting and I am not sure if I would pay what we did for the space we did get. I didn't like that the bathroom was off the kids room. So if you have little ones and don't want to wake them up while you are showering or using the bathroom, make sure you get the family suite which has 2 bathrooms. Other than that, the room was very pretty. We had a horrible view (3rd floor overlooking some airconditioners and such) but the windows in the room are really neat. I think our lock was going though, it took at least 15 tries each time to get our keys to work. (no exageration!) Just a small pain.
The next thing I was misled on was the pool area. I remember it saying online "You can also relax after a long day in Orange County accommodations’ soothing whirlpools". The whirlpool was very small...like 8 people maximum small with very weak jets. I guess they had another one but I had no clue where it was. Nobody at the counter mentioned the pools at all and we just found the one on the ground floor by the starbucks. The pool was just eh, nothing spectacular. It looks nicer online.
The shuttle was very very nice. Usually on time and free which is great. The drivers were all very friendly. The computers went down when we were checking out, so the line to do that was rather long. Not their fault though.
The grounds were very pretty, I like the resort feel.
Overall a good stay. I just don't know if I feel like I got what I paid for. I think a regular room at a better price would have felt just as roomy.

3  Thank jmedrew

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such great feedback on your recent stay. We apologize for any misleading or confusing information that you may have received, and will look into the issues that you mentioned. If you feel like you would like to discuss any of these issues in further detail, please contact Greg Peterson, Executive Assistant Manager, at (714) 740-6036. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guests in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Nice Hotel near disney. Was there for Expo convention. Nice facility since remodeled. Clean rooms nice view and comfortable. Hilton Inn and suites much better in Orange off 5.

Nice hotel expensive.

Room Tip: Be a Hyatt member
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our newly remodeled hotel, and hope that you will come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 5 April 2011

This was our 3rd stay here, this hotel is still the absolute BEST!!

We were able to check in by 1:30pm this time, what a great way to start our stay.

As always, great service, great service. We always stay in the 2 bedroom suite, lots of room. Very convenient Starbucks downstairs, gift shop in lobby, Target right across the street, many restaurants within walking distance.

Ordered room service 3 times, service was always prompt & courteous, great food. Our room was always already cleaned by the time we returned back to the hotel in the early afternoon. Pool area is always clean. Liked the pre-packaged salads in the area next to Starbucks.

I will definitely stay here yet again. Staff is always friendly, hotel is immaculate!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for such a great review! We appreciate the praise, and are happy to hear that you enjoy the hotel’s suites, staff and services. Thanks again, and we hope you keep coming back!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Bunk beds for the kids and a king size bed for adults. Plenty of room for suitcases and storage for all clothes and counter space for everything else. Desk with chair and two sittiing chairs. Two large flat screen tv's with a large bathroom located behind french doors in the kids room. Shuttle to Disney leaves every half hour and takes 20 minutes with a stop at one other hotel. Shuttles ran on time and are clean. Cab fare will run $11 or so depending on route from disneyland plus tip. 45 minutes via hired shuttle with a arrival time of 4:30 PM. at John Wayne. Return to airport took 15 minutes with a early departure. I would put this a peg or two above any hilton I have stayed at. I did miss walking from our room at the Grand Californian last vacation. However, As far as quality and the additional space I rate it higher than Disneys best offering.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dollsiedog
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Kids Suites, as well as the complimentary Disney shuttle that we provide. Thank you for choosing Hyatt, and we hope to have you back as our guests again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
0.9 km away
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
0.2 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!