“Array of delightful Filipino food”
Review of Barrio Fiesta

Barrio Fiesta
Ranked #96 of 490 Restaurants in Glendale
Reviewed 9 November 2017

It is a reasonably priced restaurant. Most items are typical Filipino fare --- barbecued pork, sisig (chopped up pig face), pancit, inihaw na baboy, etc. For family-style deals, they offer "boodle feasts" where they have a ton of rice sitting on a bed of banana leaves, topped with generous offerings of grilled squid, grilled pork on a stick, grilled beef, and grilled fish. For a group of 12, we spend around $250+ and that was with drinks (mostly alcoholic).

I was also pleased with the service. The servers were attentive and if they promised to get you a fork, they fulfilled it within minutes. They kept refilling our water glasses, and didn't mind the fussiness of our kids.

They were also extremely helpful when someone in our party fainted -- one of the attendants dialed 911 and was able to get paramedics to help our elderly aunt. They kept checking on us long after we had paid our bill and didn't seem to mind if we lingered over our meal.

The parking is limited, so get there early, before the lunch or dinner crowds. It is located in a strip mall, so if you can't find a parking slot, you could always descend into the underground parking (I didn't go in so I don't know how much or how little parking space was available there).

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I haven't been to Barrio Fiesta in years and it was my first time coming to this location. The space is small, but definitely festive with the many colors they have that ornate the place. Service was awesome, food wasn't bad either.

I tried Kare-Kare, Lechon Paksiw, and Lumpiang Hiniraw. The food was delicious and it's served in mini pots. Really cute and very reminiscent of the Philippines.

I don't know what it is about Filipino food that makes it so costly and the portions are so small. There were 6 pieces of meat in the lechon that is priced over $10. I don't get it. Most of the dishes were overfilled with veggies instead of actual content. Whatever.

I really enjoyed the service as they were really attentive enough though the place was busy. There's plenty of compact parking in the plaza. I'd come back here again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We were a little disappointed about the service and the food. Crispy pata were too small and a little pricey, serving were small as well.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I usually scout out Max' Fried Chicken or Jolibee when I travel to Cali so I was happy to find an alternate Filipino restaurant.

Got there dinner time, not too busy. We were seated right away and the hostess also took our order right away. Had the (Tagalog) beef steak (bipstek if you wanna be right about it), pork and chicken bbq, and the grilled bangus. They served the bangus with fresh green chili peppers and vinegar. Had no idea they were chili peppers so I made the mistake of pouring it over my rice and bangus. Wow! Was my mouth on fire!!!

Overall the fam enjoyed the meal. The crowd picked up a little as time went on. It's a smaller place so if you're coming with a large party you may consider reserving a table or something. They're also located in a mini shopping center so parking can be a pain.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

This place is amazing so full of people at all moments specially on sunday. Everything we had was great and the people and prices are friendly. Give it a try if you are in the area. Oh and the portions are kind of big so you probably can share with more people.

1  Thank sarali20