“Great place for lunch or dinner.”

Gennaro's Ristorante
Ranked #60 of 546 Restaurants in Glendale
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: With a menu of classic Northern Italian cuisine, our chef will prepare an exquisite feast to satisfy every guest in your party while accommodating any dietary need including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and low-sodium. Compliment your meal with a selection from our extensive wine list including many fine Italian wines and over twenty wines offered by the glass. Let us prepare your favorite cocktail from our full bar or enjoy a refreshing drink from our Specialty Cocktail menu. Unwind with a drink by our fireplace and then feel at home in our classically decorated dining room or get some fresh air at one of our outside tables. From a romantic dinner for two to a quiet business meeting, whatever your reason for coming in we will make your experience memorable. Ask about our private dining and catering packages. Delivery available locally. Happy hour Monday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. Live music Friday and Saturday from 7pm to 9pm.
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I have had many business lunches and dinners at Gennaro's. The food is consistently excellent, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the service is first class.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

My friends had a poor experience here with the wine tasting. We were only served Chilean wine which didn't allow for my best friend to taste any Italian wine for her birthday. The service lacked attention for the first 30 minutes or so until the second server arrived. I asked for the wine menu and never received it. I would not recommend this restaurant as a wine tasting location. The calamari was very bland but the mussels were great!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 9 September 2015

This is my second review on this place because I just had to give it another try since it was such a fixture in our life for so many years. The result was unfortunately the same - just awful.

Anyone with above a 2 Star Rating obviously did not eat here prior to the new owners. It is just simply not the same - and not worth the visit. I'm writing this review, listening to another table ask "if the chef has changed?" because they do not like their meal. The service is poor .. the food is average and the prices are high.

There was a post on Yelp that said new owners recently bought the place, hired the old chef and a lot of the old wait staff is back - THIS IS NOT TRUE! It is the same terrible ownership that took over about 4 years ago and it is abysmal.

PLEASE Do Not waste your money .... find another Glendale restaurant.... As the old saying goes, you cannot always believe what you read. Any overly glowing review here or on Yelp is simply not telling the truth. YUK!

Date of visit: August 2015
5  Thank 241markm241
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

This is a very nice cozy romantic restaurant. Italian. Great pasta dishes. And more! Good wines. Excellent service.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Earlier this week, I had the pleasure to once again have lunch at this marvelous restaurant in Glendale. The building is charming and the interior decorated in excellent taste. The ambiance is the perfect setting for a quiet interlude highlighted by excellent service and delicious entrees. The tables are nicely spaced so that conversations can be conducted without any background noise. The food has never disappointed me or my guests. As a result, I always look forward to an excellent meal in a near perfect setting suitable for couples, friends or business occasions.

Date of visit: May 2015