US$162
EconoLodge
Glendale Lodge(Glendale)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$122
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationamericana mallcontinental breakfastroom was cleanwalking distancefree parkingstay there againa great place to staylos angelescoffee makervisiting familyone night stayfridge and microwavenon smokinguniversal studioschecking in
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This hotel may not look too flash on the outside and be a little dated, but the rooms were very clean, bed was so comfortable and the best location being opposite The Galleria shopping centre and The Americana at Brand. It is also close to Universal Studios, Warner Bros, the zoo and Hollywood.
My husband and I stayed for two nights mid October and ten days later after driving back from Las Vegas, we needed a nights accommodation before our flight back to Australia. I rang and spoke to a lovely girl named Lourdes. She was able to accommodate us and give me a discount on the rate.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be back when we next travel to the US.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mousie61
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Mousie61,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write us such a great and detailed review! You are soot on about our location. Our hotel is right in the middle of anything and everything you could ask for when visiting Los Angeles. We're so glad that you and your husband were able to take full advantage of our activity-filled local area. Please be sure to call us directly for the best rates the next time you make the trip to LA. Hope all is good Down Under!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I arrived at the hotel on the late evening of November 9 and gave the receptionist, Brandy, my ID to check in. Brandy informed me that my name was not on their list for remaining check-ins. I pulled up the reservation confirmation on my email and showed it to her and she instantly noticed that my reservation said I was checking in on November 16...not the 9th. UGH! So I asked Brandy if she had a room for tonight and she said yes. Brandy not only was able to give me a room for the night, but she honored the good rate I had booked on trivago a couple days prior! THANK YOU Brandy! The only complaint I have on the room I have is that there NO PLUGS next to the bed to plug your phone in during the night...nor any plugs directly at the desk (there is a plug to the left of the desk that my cord could reach tho).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

bskown,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent experience with us. We know that sometime mistakes can happen in the booking process, and we are dedicated to making sure these types of things don't disrupt your stay experience. We're so happy to hear that Brandi was able to smooth over the small discrepancy and get you into a nice, comfortable room. We encourage everyone to book directly with us. Utilizing our website or calling us directly will always secure you the best prices and most accurate booking.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Firstly, let me say that the inside is better than the outside. Yes, it is a little dated but for the rate they charge you get a clean room in a quiet hotel. We stayed in a 2 Queen bed Suite on the top floor of the property. The room was spacious and tidy with a large couch at one end. Everything in the room was in good condition and in working order. The free breakfast is a provided in the lobby at one end and it is very, very basic. there is an elevator but no coin laundry. The main reason we selected this hotel was the location. The Glendale Galleria is across the road and we had fantastic shopping and restaurants a short walk from our room.

Room Tip: Ask for your room to be serviced early
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

data-0,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave your feedback. It sounds as if you enjoyed your stay with us, especially due to our unbeatable location! We are literally seconds away from some of the best shopping in all of Los Angeles. With our free parking, all you need to do is walk across the street and you're ready to shop all day! We are constantly reading our guest's comments and feedback in efforts to make all stays the best they can be. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Lourdes was great, from check in to check out. Always had a smile for us, great recommendations, etc. The hotel itself needs updating and a thorough cleaning. The room had an unpleasant odor. Ok stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shebadiva4
VIGlendale, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Shebadiva4,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Lourdes has read your review and greatly appreciates the positive feedback. She is our team leader and we love to see these types of great comments about her!

We are working diligently to provide the most comfortable, clean, and relaxing atmosphere to all of our valued guests. In keeping up with that, we recently purchased a brand new carpet cleaner. This will only help enhance the overall condition of our spacious and relaxing hotel rooms. I am confident that the next time you stay with us it will be nothing but enjoyable.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This hotel isn't a place I'd usually stay at, but was booked for me by my company's travel agent. It's definitely older, run down, and very limited parking, but there's a lot of good things.

The bed is super comfortable, using IKEA bedding materials. The furniture in the room however, pretty old, outdated, and limited. I got one chair, one table, bed, and this giant cabinet. No closet. The bathroom was extremely large, but had NO shelf space for toiletries. Very basic lighting, and the stupid fan was unable to be turned off, it ran 24/7. There was a serious lack of wall outlets, and plugging in my electronics meant unplugging all the light fixtures. The rooms had a great large flat screen, with tons of DirecTV channels, a definite plus.

There's no gym, no laundry facilities. The pool is pretty nice, but didn't use it. Breakfast is a joke, a few fruits, pastries, and coffee and juice. Parking is a pure nightmare, if your not in early, you may not have a spot and have to park against the pool or office. And if get a spot, you may have to pull of a 30 point turn in the morning to dodge the other cars not parked in spots.

Across the street is the real gem here. The Americana and Gallery mall are one street crossing away. Tons of shopping, food, walking, and just sightseeing. If it weren't for the location, I'd probably drop it another star.

All in all, an average hotel in a fantastic location. I'd stay here again, even though it has some serious negatives.

Room Tip: Park early to ensure you've got a spot for the night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

redneckITengineer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We at the Vagabond Inn strive to provide an incredible value for travelers in the Glendale area. Our comfortable and clean rooms, location, and amenities are hard to beat for the prices we offer. While we do appreciate the feedback, we urge everyone to focus on the reality of the incredible value we offer. Our large bathrooms, new furniture, breakfast, Wi-Fi, and swimming pool are only a few of the great amenities that we offer at no additional cost to our guests! Not to mention incredibly clean rooms, great staff, and amazing location. We are confident that the Vagabond Inn provides the best value in the Glendale area. Call us directly or visit our website for the best rates, always!