US$269
Hampton.com
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$279
US$251
US$156
  • Pool
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$221
BestWestern.com
US$1,101
US$579
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbrown familygame room with ping pongnovice ridershorseback riding experiencebreakfast and dinnerthe main lodgethe entire staffa great vacationspecial thanksnice sizerefugiocabinaccommodationscalifornia
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Kathy,

It was such a pleasant experience to stay out at the Circle Bar B. It was the perfect getaway while celebrating my wife's birthday. I signed us up for the sunset tour horse ride and my wife was just tickled to go horseback riding again, and the views were spectacular!
When we arrived Bruce met us with a huge smile as if we were returning guests. He gave us a tour of the place as if it were his own, and made us feel as though we were staying with close friends. We were also impressed that George, our cowboy and trail guide, knew the names of all of the 46 horses, and he had only been there 5 weeks! Most Hotel's staff members don't even know all of the employees names!
Dinner was such a treat too...as we were seated at a long table, with other guests. The owner, Jim Brown, also sat with us at dinner and we all shared some great stories. The food itself was fabulous. From the ranch style dinner, early morning cowboy breakfast, and the picnic lunch we were given when we checked out... The rates are very reasonable, and the accommodations were very cozy. We will definitely be telling our friends about this place, and coming back again soon!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience! Paris and Lisa R

Room Tip: choose the cabins. They are roomy, clean, and they each have a little woodstove for a romantic ambiance! Also, there are no TV's or cell service in the room, so it allows you to focus on the REAL priorities!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I took my boyfriend for his 51st birthday as a suprise. We stayed three nights and it wasn't long enough. The owner Kathy could not have been more accomodating. Her personal touches and suggestions really made his birthday special. He still hasn't stopped talking about it. The pictures of the ranch don't do it justice. It was one of the most relaxing, romantic weekends we've had in a while. Listening to the creek which; was in front of our room, while lying in bed watching a beautiful fire was fantastic. We got a package which included a half day ride, massage, champagne, etc. and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was wonderful and the staff were exceptional. I had looked at another ranch in Solvang and we went by to see it on one of our excursions and boy were we glad we choose Circle Bar B. The other ranch was nice but very "resort" like. We wanted a rugged, quiet dude ranch with complete privacy and Circle Bar B hit a bullzie. The owner Kathy told me we could bring our own horses, but since it was a surprise for my boyfriend I choose to keep it that way. We will consider bringing our own horses next time. The wranglers were fun and had a lot of great history and "stories" to tell. Trust me, I've traveled the world and this place is special. We're already talking about our next trip back with family and friends.

Room Tip: If you can afford cabin 18 I think it is the best on the property. The upstairs bathroom is incredible.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was fortunate to learn about Circle Bar B while researching a 'local' excursion from our home in Orange County. Unfortunately we only booked one night, because as soon as we arrived we all fell in love with it.

Without duplicating things already mentioned in other reviews, I will just hit a few highlights:

Overall service from reservation through arrival, scheduling and rescheduling our horseback ride due to rain, and our departure - was all first-class. Older posts mentioned some service concerns, but we only received excellent service. Everyone truly cared about our experience.

Food quality was excellent. We were fortunate to be there for the BBQ dinner, and it was great. Breakfast was also excellent as were the box lunches.

The grounds and our room were spotless. There was a great attention to detail - not easy to do since this is a ranch and not a hotel.

As beginner riders, we were nervous about the horseback ride, but it was great. The horses are so well taken care of and our guide was terrific. They were pretty busy and seemed to set rides with groups of 5-6 people. The views along the trails are breathtaking and the ride should not be missed. Our daughter is ready to back for the 1/2 day ride.

We did not go to the dinner theatre, but heard good things from other guests who did go.

Overall, we will definitely be back to Circle Bar B. One night was a nice get-away, but not enough time to take it all in. This place would provide a perfect spot for families, couples, and large groups.

Room Tip: The deluxe ranch room is perfect for families. A king bed for mom and dad and a full-sized bunk bed that comfortable fit our 15 and 11 year old kids.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My husband, myself, and my 2 children (ages 8 and 11) went on the 1 1/2 horseback ride. It was a nice refreshing time. My daughter (the 8 year old) loved it, my son however thought it was a snore. There was no galloping or trotting...just a lazy ride up the mountain and back down. The hour and a half seemed like plenty of time as our knees and back started hurting. I honestly could not imagine doing the half day. That would just seem way too long! Overall, a good experience!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Teenyvikingchild
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband, grown son and I stayed overnight here and everything you read in the "Breath Deep:..." review dated September 14, 2011 is true. What a hidden delight.
Our horseback riding wrangler was from Denmark and a musician. You find hidden surprises here. A don't-miss choice, and one we will repeat, hopefully, soon.
Do bring extra beverages and snacks for in your room since you won't find a handy 7-11 or grocery store nearby.
And summer guests don't miss the dinner theater. A one-of-a-kind experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family