US$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$256
Kimpton
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$233
GardenInn.com
US$229
US$206
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Barbara Goleta(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$227
  • Pool
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$242
Hotels.com
US$125
2,490 results
All reviewsbacara resortsanta barbarabeautiful resortspa cafeangel oakgarden viewpartial ocean viewwine tastingwine countrylobby barocean frontthe entire staffupon checkfitness centervalet parkingtarpools
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What is there to complain about at this world class resort ? Well........Not very much, but there are just a few things to mention. $17 dollar well drinks that did not taste very good.
Too many loud screaming kids running around the pool. The alternative is the adult pool up by the spa. Very peaceful, but the drinks cost the same. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is the best, and the rooms are excellent. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klausthecat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very disappointing- "uneven". A lovely location, by the beach, but not up to par with the Ritz Carlton Standard. It reminded me of a very large Holiday Inn- here's why. If you have lots of kids and dogs, this would be the place to go..I would call this a "family hotel" If you do not have either, do not come here. The main pool was full of kids, and very noisy-- the cabana pool next door(which cost 500/day ) to rent, had no supervision, and also had kids in hot tub, and others who did not pay, hanging out there.On day 3 we discovered an adults only spa pool-- but had to ask about it-- Our maid service was abysmal! They made our bed haphazardly did not clean sinks, floors, and took away our towels and robes- and left no coffee or water. When we asked them to bring these items, they showed up with a large plastic garbage bag, stuffed with the items!! Bathroom door warped, and lukewarm water... We had upgraded to building 8,but on 2nd floor--, the floor above had kids, the rooms on our floor as well- and we heard pounding on the floors above us, scraping furniture, and all around, kids and noise! mind you I like kids,(the dogs were fine!) but not on a couple's getaway. because of tile floors in our building, very noisy. Staff was nice-- as was the breakfast buffet. Otherwise, we left hotel in am, ate lunch and dinner out--town is 20 minutes away. We did not feel pampered........which is what the Ritz is known for.

Room Tip: I would stay in top floor Suites facing ocean. cabanas have no privacy, rooms facing pool would be noisy
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank babspoodle
RitzCarltonBacaraSB, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations concerning your recent stay. Your kind comments about our breakfast and beautiful area are very much appreciated.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistencies that you have experienced. I have reviewed your comments with our leadership team to ensure these do not reoccur. I will also make certain that the communication about our adult pool is improved.

I sincerely hope that you will allow us to restore your confidence in The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara. Kindly let me know the next time you are travelling to the area, so I may personally make the arrangements for your visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous property, large rooms, luxury feel throughout. Great for the price. Really loved everything about our stay. LUKE at the front desk was stellar and took great care of us. We will be back and we will bring our friends as well!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for three nights with family. Grounds are beautiful, basically you don't need to leave. Spa, restaurants, pool, walking paths, wine tastings - it's all here. Rooms are well appointed. Enjoyed the bar area and small bites, as well. Spa restaurant is good for lunch with food on the lighter side. A relaxing stay - would go back...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Without a doubt, the property is beautiful. I was very much looking forward to our stay to kick off my family's summer road trip. I echo the sentiments of some of the reviews. It was very unfortunate that the level of service we experienced was lackluster. I was expecting a lot more and the Ritz did not quite deliver on what they're supposed to be good at - attention to detail and the highest level of customer service. Sadly, check in was comparable to checking in a three star hotel. Other guests were offered wine or was it champagne? I wouldn't know because non was offered to us upon checking in. Our room location was not the best and not good. It was on the first floor of building 15. I wasn't expecting ocean views but I certainly wasn't expecting the room door to be across what seems to be a house keeping storage area for depositing plastic bags of used laundry and storing used room service plates/glasses /flatware. Unsightly to look at when we left the room. The front desk agent mentioned a complimentary bottle of pinot grigio in the room. There wasn't any when we got to the room. I had to call the next day to inquire. Only then did they have it delivered. Price wise it's only a $7 bottle of wine that I can bring home and use for cooking but the point is, this is the Ritz, they're supposed to have everything checked off to make sure the room is in perfect condition before a guest is assigned the room. Another issue we had was the tub drain stopper was not working. My tween wanted to soak but couldn't because the drain stopper was not working properly. I called front desk around 830pm and they said they'll send someone. Well, after waiting 30mins, nobody came so my son just took a shower and went to bed. Nobody came and nobody called to follow up to check if the issue was resolved. You'd think, they would take the extra step to follow up but no they did not. There wasn't even a record of it when I called the next morning. Again, this is the Ritz, they're supposed to have everything checked off to make sure the room is in perfect condition before a guest is given the room; and most importantly, follow up if a problem was resolved! I did bring this up when I checked out and as expected a cliché response " We apologize for the inconvenience". Yeah right.
We had lunch, dinner and breakfast at the Bistro. Lunch menu was limited. Breakfast buffet was alright. We did love what we had for dinner. Servers were nice and attentive. The hostess we encountered the first time seriously needs training using the word "please". She asked for my name, like "What's you name?". For a property like the Ritz, I was expecting a certain level of manners, "Can I have your name please?" would have been the appropriate way for a hotel in this class. They have ipads in rooms that you can use to check on hotel info which wasn't really helpful because every time I tried looking at menus, it couldn't find the page. Our stay was a let down for me. The only consolation was the beauty of the property. My kids had a good time in the pool. The rest rooms showers in the pool area were small, dark and not nice. Skip the beach. It's nothing great. Just go to Santa Barbara if you want to chill on the beach. The Ritz property is in Goleta which is about 15minutes away from Santa Barbara. I would say there is a difference in weather/temperature. We spent the morning in Santa Barbara before we checked in and the weather was sunny and warm but once we got to the Ritz around 2pm it was overcast and a tad chilly and reminded me of the weather a the Ritz Half Moon Bay.
Note that they only have valet and there is an additional $36 resort charge (which I knew when I made the reservation)
If you have kids visiting for lunch in their restaurants, have them look for the little bunnies hopping around the property. So cute. Would I recommend even with those cute bunnies hopping around? I don't think so. I'll try another hotel in Santa Barbara. It wasn't worth it for me.

Room Tip: Be a very demanding guest because being nice and polite won't get you a nice room, you'll be given the worst room in the property.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 451cece
RitzCarltonBacaraSB, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

We thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us regarding your recent visit. While we are very pleased to hear that you liked the beauty of our resort we would like to apologize for the poor experiences you endured on your visit. Please know that the genuine care and comfort of our guests and providing our hallmark personalized service is our top priority, and your comments help us focus on areas that require training and improvement.

We would like the opportunity to be in touch with you directly. At your convenience, please contact Ana Aguilar at 805-968-0100. We look forward to speaking with you further soon.