2,613 results
All reviews bacara resort santa barbara beautiful resort spa cafe angel oak garden view partial ocean view wine tasting wine country lobby bar ocean front the entire staff upon check fitness center valet parking tar pools
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful resort! Two small complaints. Having come from smoky northern California, we did not appreciate the outdoor fireplace burning wood that blew right into our patio and room (we were in building #1). Also, not enough electric car chargers. Food at the bistro was excellent and all of the staff were very helpful

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Bacara in Santa Barbara for an weekend getaway. I was initially worried because there were several reviews both on TripAdvisor and the Marriott that were very negative. Took those negative reviews with a grain of sand and we are glad we did. The property was amazing, overlooking the beach and the grounds were beautiful. This was a first time at a Ritz so I wasn't comparing it to another Ritz. The rooms were great and comfortable, the pool was awesome, the grounds were beautiful to walk and the trail down tot he beach was an easy short walk. Wish we could have stayed more nights.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MCH65
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Ritz always gets it right. Service , quality , beautiful rooms. But this property is simply a gem with its amazing location directly on the ocean . This is a place to chill and relax as it’s a bit outside town and the hustle of the city . Beautiful trails adjacent to the beach and golf course make it a relaxing destination. Spa and fitness facilities are slightly dated but overall very adequate. Many quaint quiet areas to relax without other guests or of course the main pools to mingle and enjoy the sun . Breakfast/ Brunch just enough selections to keep it simple . Service and attention to detail are never overlooked . Very happy with our villa and overall relaxing weekend. Dog friendly too !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, yes, I'm going to gripe a little about a luxury hotel! Have stayed here many times, but this was the first time since Ritz Carlton took over. I had hoped for better. Some aspects were fantastic and some were really bad, especially at this price! My best advice is to go anticipating that they're still in transition and ask what facilities are open. Also, if you are not familiar with this property, it is very spread out on a hill, so many guests take golf carts around the propert.

Check in was horrible- guessing the agent was new- took forever despite no line, was hardsold paid upgrades (despite having status) and was given inaccurate info about lobby bar/restaurant. We expected a short wait for our room, but despite getting a call that our room was ready, it took 3 phone calls and intervention from management to actually get our room number and get into it! Glad we didn't have spa reservations!

Spa was fantastic but is being remodeled and staff doesn't seem to be aware of it. Both my husband and I were directed to the wrong place. Fitness Center is very well equipped.

Room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. Light was out on patio so we called and mentioned it to bellman- no luck for 3 days. Honor bar was not replenished over the 3 days despite phone calls. Housekeeping took the robes after the first day and did not replace, despite phone calls. Room service got one order wrong and offered breakfast items that were different than what was delivered.

Pool area is amazing!

Restaurants were fantastic, especially Angel Oak (see separate review). Please note that there is no Spa Cafe. Bacara Bar is being remodeled and temporary bar is horrible.

Wifi is good in most spots.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rarely write reviews but 1st night of 2 night stay & I’ sadly disappointed. Room is lovely but fireplace not working which would’ve been nice on cold night. Never got back 2 me & had to place call...still waiting. So far the Bistro has to be one of the worst restaurants I’ve been to. I was sat next to a screaming 3 yr old who continued to scream for the entire time I was there. All the guests around the table were baffled & the staff did nothing. I’m a mother of two & remember those days well but would immediately remove my child who was having a tantrum. I waited 30 minutes for my cocktail, waiter never came back, & had to ask when we would get appetizer after 40 minutes. My bill was over $120 for bad service & noise piercings atmosphere. Avoid at all cost!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria I
RitzCarltonBacaraSB, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out via TripAdvisor to share your thoughts. I am very sorry that your first day at the resort has been disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Kindly contact Powers van der Mandele at 805-968-0100 so we may assist you further. We will do everything possible to exceed your expectations during the remainder of your stay.