Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
US$120
Hotels.com
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$179
US$152
US$179
US$158
US$199
US$169
  • Pool
All reviewssanta barbaraespresso machineping pong tablebest westernsucsb campusyogurttrader joespool areathe breakfast areanice poolgreat place to stayrooms are cleanpool and hot tubfree breakfastwould stay here againno elevatorwe've stayed
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

Sorry to say our experience wasn't that good! We discovered the toilet blocked - just before going out to dinner ! Rang the desk.. Yes they could move us to a different room ( noisier road side!) instead they offered a plunger - which I had to go and get, as there was only one person on the desk!!
When I complained the next day.. There was only one person on the desk! Who rudely took calls & ignored the fact that I was I fact complaining & checking out! I did a stomp! Staff need training? Breakfast too was a bit of a shambles! Dirty tables etc! A lack of staff again!
The room: (toilet aside) I felt claustrophobia in! Small windows onto the pathway outside! The taps were the worse we came across in the US! You couldn't hardly turn them if your hands were wet! (Stupid design!)
The b'fast was adequate & the pool area was good!
But I doubt I will be revisiting!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do try our very best to accommodate our guests and address issues as they arise. Additionally, there are times when the front desk and/or breakfast area becomes inundated, especially during peak times on a busy weekend. We understand that waiting longer than usual can be frustrating. Sorry again for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

Normally I book my reservations online but I had trouble with the Best Western website (turns out I had 2 accounts and mixed up the login info) I called the company itself and booked through them. I was able to snag the manager's special and use a $25.00 Best Western Travel Card. How I got the card, I have no idea, but it was only good for 1 month and fortunately, I was able to use it the day before it expired.

The hotel is minutes away from several strip malls, so you're sure to find somewhere to eat. It's close to the highway but not close enough to hear traffic.

Everyone is right, there's a lovely courtyard and we lucked out with a room facing the courtyard and also close to the parking lot. It was nice and quiet.

The room had 2 queen size beds, a mini fridge, microwave, 4-piece bath, small table and chairs, and a long bureau. It was clean and well kept.

Breakfast is included. They have small pastries, whole fruit, and hot items including eggs. The area is large and easy to maneuver around. There's also patio seating outside. Two computers are set up in the breakfast area and are free for guests to use.

The front desk workers were very helpful and recommended some dining options that they thought could handle my allergies and they were right. I had a nice dinner at Nikka on Calle Real.

My friend and I only stayed one night but we had a nice time and would quickly return.

Room Tip: A courtyard facing room is quiet even if it's near the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's always nice when guests share travel tips and information, we love hearing what guests have to say. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2015

In an area with a lot of hotels most of which are expensive and many are overpriced the South Coast Inn in Goleta is well located and is an excellent value in all aspects. It is well maintained with all the services one would expect and more. The new room decor is exceptional with staff and service excellent.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

It is a nice and comfortable hotel. Shopping is very easy because you can walk to the nearby shopping mall. Wi-Fi is available in the guest room without any charge but the speed and the signal strength is not satisfactory. I do hope that they will be improved in the near future. In conclusion, this hotel would be one of the best choices for a visitor to visit UCSB because it takes about 10 minutes from the hotel to UCSB campus by the hotel shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we really appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you found our property to be comfortable and convenient. I hope that you will visit us again soon so you can see our improvements and upgrades.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

These folks have the most amazing property. Beautiful grounds, easy to find, lots of great parking, nice pool, great free breakfast, nice staff, pretty good pricing for the area.
Lots of meal choices very close by too.

But darn it! Why is there a blinking smoke alarm light on the darn wall!!!
All their rooms have it and it's unbelievably annoying.

Room tip: The west side rooms are subject to excessive noise from the parking lot and loud trucks in the adjoining lot.

Room Tip: The west side rooms are subject to excessive noise from the parking lot and loud trucks in the adjoining lot.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Danny_OI812
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us, we appreciate your business. I am sorry that the smoke alarm light was bothersome, the green flashing light indicates that the alarm is on and working in case of a fire. Next time stop by the desk and we can give you a piece of dark paper and tape to cover the flashing light. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.