“Manager did not know what MSG was 😔”
Review of El Pollo Rico

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #69 of 154 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 March 2015

I have always liked the chicken the flavors is pretty good unfortunately I went today with a very good friend of mine to eat at the one of 79 in round rock I walked in and asked to speak with the manager when she approached me I asked her if any of the food container MSG and she looked at me with a very confused face and said what is MSG ? She said she had no idea what that was I asked her if I could see the nutrition facts and she said we don't have then I was so surprised and sad at the same time my friend is allergic to MSG so that is why I was asking unfortunately we had because they had no idea they had no interest in finding out for us.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

Excellent food, cheap prices. Usually at prices less than you can make it for at home. It's a bit of a dive, but it's a homey dive with the best food.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Tasty food and great value. Not a sit down fancy place but great authentic Mexican cuisine. Food quickly served and great if in a hurry and need to run.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was referred to this restaurant by a friend. It is half Laundromat and half restaurant. I had a veggie fajita burrito one time, and combo burrito second time. Staff never smiled, said thank you or anything. I think they don't like gringos in the restaurant. In addition, there were some older blue-collar Latino guys that were staring at me, making jokes and whistling. I speak Spanish and would have been happy to chat, but I have never experienced such rudeness even in hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Mexico.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great authentic food, grilled to perfection. Outside dining, walking distance from Hampton Inn. Just a little local restaurant with great atmosphere!

Been to El Pollo Rico? Share your experiences!