“Hidden taqueria”

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #70 of 152 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This place is easy to miss since it looks sketchy and is attached to a laundromat. But once you get past that, the food here is pretty good. I typically get a couple tacos for lunch. Out of all their meats, the chicken is the best. It’s so good once I tried an order of the four piece chicken-only and was not disappointed. The place itself could look a little cleaner.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

The first reason we picked this restaurant was it was in walking distance of our hosts. It made a nice evening stroll. The second reason was that we like Mexican food. The reason I would go back is because the food was delicious! Alas we are here for a college class reunion and most of our meals are provided. There is always next time. Their food is distinctly California Mexican and generously portioned. Even though it was evening I had Chilaquiles which is a breakfast food and only an appetizer on their menu. But it is one of my favorite dishes. I didn't want a big meal anyway--and I still had leftovers! My husband ate the whole enchilada; in fact, two of them. He was a happy man with no leftovers. If Tex-Mex is your kind of food you won't be happy. And, that is exactly why we were so happy. We don't like Tex-Mex. Take you clues from that. Cheap, good, large portions, what a deal!

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Stopped in for a quick dinner. Ordered the chicken burrito. It tasted good with a beer. The have a few choices for beer. The menu has lots of food choices.

They have a small salsa bar and I tried two of their salsas and they were good.

Service is very fast.

If you looking for quick meal at a good price this is a good choice.

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

We found this place by sheer chance and gave it a go. Decent menu on the wall with a few pictures. We ordered tacos and they were good. The place is okay, needed some clean up at the tables, but we cleaned our table before eating. The girl who took our order was pleasant and there was not much else. Not real good and not bad, hence the 3-star rating. Would I go again? I don't know, there are alot of other better Mexican Restaurants out there.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Your would not know what it was from the outside, especially because it shares the building with. Laundromat, but this place dishes out some of the best tacos and burritos I have tasted in a long time. Tacos are served in small corn tortillas. The burritos are fat monstrosities filled with meat of your choice. Pictures on the walls are slightly bizarre and outdoor seating is under what looks like a former drive-thru service lane.

Been to El Pollo Rico? Share your experiences!